June Meet?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@gone brewing @MJF @yamaharr @Mikeyr

Just heard back, Oldfield has the BBQ up and running, and also a microwave, so we are good for hot food if needed.

Attending:
n87
MJF
gone brewing
yamaharr
Mikeyr

Food:
MJF - Wings
Mikeyr - Cheese and crackers and cold meats
n87 - plates, cutlery, sauces

Thanks for that. Think I'll do some meatballs this time.

Attending:
n87
MJF
gone brewing
yamaharr
Mikeyr

Food:
MJF - Wings
gone brewing - meatballs

A couple of boring topics to break up the general beer talk:
  • Theme meet for July: America (for Independence day)?
  • build up a kitty/pot to pay for commercial beers for our theme meets, and the main chunk of food?
    • Doing some quick maths on last meet, $5 a head should cover fancy snags and rolls with just a little left over (will have to do some proper numbers)

Let me know if you have any more

Attending:
n87
MJF
gone brewing
yamaharr
Mikeyr
endisnigh ?

Food:
MJF - Wings
gone brewing - meatballs

don't seem to find a time, only attended one meeting before 2pm-5pm I think. does that still remain?

I'll be away for the july meet, but we could also incorporate some octoberfest beer talk and preparation of lager beers in anticipation? I have a Bavarian wyeast to throw down.

I kinda like the idea of everyone bringing a plate of food to try, mind you I'm unsure everyone's cooking skills but even if it's just a bag of chips would be fine and we get variety. I get free chook so more than happy contributing extra for the meetings when I attend. Happy with a snag meeting too. Sounds like we got quite a feast ahead. Unsure if it's a late lunch, arvo tea or early dinner thing but plenty to around.

I probably overspend already on commercial beers, really need to cut back but if there's economies of scale in case sharing could ben worthwhile, maybe oldfield has good mixed case discounts too.

don't seem to find a time, only attended one meeting before 2pm-5pm I think. does that still remain?

I'll be away for the july meet, but we could also incorporate some octoberfest beer talk and preparation of lager beers in anticipation? I have a Bavarian wyeast to throw down.

I kinda like the idea of everyone bringing a plate of food to try, mind you I'm unsure everyone's cooking skills but even if it's just a bag of chips would be fine and we get variety. I get free chook so more than happy contributing extra for the meetings when I attend. Happy with a snag meeting too. Sounds like we got quite a feast ahead. Unsure if it's a late lunch, arvo tea or early dinner thing but plenty to around.

I probably overspend already on commercial beers, really need to cut back but if there's economies of scale in case sharing could ben worthwhile, maybe oldfield has good mixed case discounts too.

2-5pm is the time.
I guess with the qty and type of food, it would be considered a late lunch over arvo tea.
Oldfield to have a mixed 6pack discount, have a chat to Garth on Sunday, Im sure he would welcome you buying a mixed case ;)
Good point on Octoberfest (and future theme meets)

Attending:
n87
MJF
gone brewing
yamaharr
Mikeyr
endisnigh ?

Food:
MJF - Wings
gone brewing - meatballs

Topics for discussion:
Theme meet for July: America (for Independence day)?
build up a kitty/pot to pay for commercial beers for our theme meets, and the main chunk of food?
Doing some quick maths on last meet, $5 a head should cover fancy snags and rolls with just a little left over (will have to do some proper numbers)​
Future theme meets, to allow for time to brew appropriate beers and organise appropriate food

Back