July Meeting Pale Ale Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of bringing a stout, but with all these pale ales in the comp.... don't know if it would even get looked at. haha

That was a really tasty meeting. My favs were jes's mish mash of euro pilsner American hops dealy, Shannon's smash & Declan's (sorry if that names not right - awful with names) cascade fest.

Can we do pale ales every month???!!

I'd happily drink all of tonight's beers regularly. One of those times where you wonder the difference between homebrew and commercial.

Josh

Gutted I missed last night. I had to pull out at the 11th hour.
On the plus side I tasted my smoked dark lager in the fermentor last night. That should be good for next meeting

Man ... I was faffing around in my workshop and totally forgot about the meeting :( Are they monthly?

Crouch said:
Man ... I was faffing around in my workshop and totally forgot about the meeting :( Are they monthly?
Yer mate they are.

Was a great night! A wee bit dusty this morning though.

I'm afraid I had to pull out as well.

I had some results slips from people who had entered into the Westgate Brewer's Stout Mania - namely Declan's and Kris Nilsen's. Let me know if you want your result sheets sooner - otherwise I'll bring it to the next meeting.

Wish I had been there, although I didn't have as much of my IPA left in the keg as I thought that I was going to contribute anyway.

Thomas.

Gents

Just wanted to mention how much I enjoyed my first night out with the MM crew. Really loved the variation in the Pales on offer, and interesting to see the different approach everyone takes- from super well planned and controlled- to just throw the thing together by feel. It all makes beer! And very drinkable beer at that!

Only downer on the night were the half dozen missed calls I had just before the meeting closed from the missus- never a good thing at the best of times, but especially so when a 7 month pregnant one is ringing u cause gastro has just kicked in! Been a fun (and bloody tiring) couple of days!! Of all the nights.....

Hope I didn't seem too edgy in the taxi I shared home with Dan :)

Can't wait for the next meeting!

I'll jump into net bank and flick some money across to make things official- I should have just jammed some money in the treasurers hand Tuesday night, would have been much easier!

Cheers

Baz

Good talkin' to ya on the night, Barry. I liked your heavy-research-and-DIY approach to brewing. Look forward to tasting some of your beer soon.

Sorry to hear about your wife (and baby-to-come); hope she's feeling better.

Latest posts

Back