Joining Two Micromatic Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ada

Reaction score
Anyone who read my post yesterday may be interested to know this.... I now have one tap that flows liquid courage and one that is destined to flow fizzy water!!!

Anyway I could tell you how weak I am but im sure I can leave that up to others. What I really need to know is if anyone has a source for a left hand 1/4" NPT nipple? to join two micromatic regs together (high pressure side). All I can find in Oz is an adapter to use the original inlet pipe to the reg resulting in two regs taking up half a meter!

What I want is this:

1319069_1_.jpg

MHB said:
On the Micromatic Regulator page, Is that what you want?
Mark
Yeah, that's the one. I did email Micromatic Australia and they said they don't have any of these and weren't planning on getting any in stock. It seems that Micromatic USA doesn't ship down this way or if they do, judging by their air freight costs, it would be nigh on $50 for a 10 gram piece of metal.

Freight forwarding might be the go but you'd likely want to order a few bits and pieces to make it worth while. Hell you could probably sell ten of those joiners on here in a weekend. (obviously if it were Yob they'd go overnight)

Try here, you might need to contact them to calculate postage but it should fit in a USP flat rate international package.
Mark

Get your local machine shop / eng shop or even the local TAFe if there is 1 nearby to make it for you, if you are close to me I could knock 1 up for you. Just take the female with so they can use it as a guage. Pretty simple if you have a lathe.

So I tried this and failed, but that doesn't mean others might not succeed. A few things I found out.

- It has thread lock, so you'll need it to be snug and really well supported when you get into it. Heating it up with a heat gun didn't work for me.

- Don't use an adjustable spanner (duh! for some people, but not for me it seems).

- Lefty tighty, righty loosey. e.g its the other way around as its left hand thread.

I could try and dig up the information that I found on it, but it was 6+ months ago. Mostly similar things as I said here.

Latest posts

Back