John Guest Shut Off Valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felten

Homebrew Conjecturist
Reaction score
I have a JG shut off valve does anyone know if/how it can be taken apart for cleaning?

I've had a go at taking the handle off and I'm sure it's supposed to come apart, but it it doesn't come apart, I don't want to end up breaking it.

Cheers.

Reading quickly through the tech specs on the link you provided. They seem to recommend regular visual inspection and replacement if you seen any discolouration, wear, cracks etc. They may not be suitable for dismantling.

Cheers SJ

I have a JG shut off valve does anyone know if/how it can be taken apart for cleaning?

I've had a go at taking the handle off and I'm sure it's supposed to come apart, but it it doesn't come apart, I don't want to end up breaking it.

Cheers.

why not just give it a soak in PBW or similar wth a couple of pieces of beer line fitted and the valve open ?

cheers

I thought these were only suitable for gas?

I thought these were only suitable for gas?

I am using the same sort of thing as a flow restrictor on my beer line (balancing can go to hell) before the tap and it is all good so far.

The website says "John Guest acetal shut-off valves have a brand new full bore mechanism and are specially designed for the Brewing and Soft Drinks industries and for potable water. They are also suitable for air and inert gases such as N2/CO2" So I guess it's fine.

Latest posts

Back