John guess hose leaking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsupraboy

Reaction score
I found recently that my john guess hoses were leaking gas at the connections. Do you need to cut the hose flush also how do you cut the hose

???

Do you mean your John Guest connectors leak? If so, how many leak? Are they genuine JG? What hose do you use? How do YOU cut the hose? Do you spit on it to facilitate insertion?

Myself, I just trim the hose with a sharp knife, a bit of lube then push the hose firmly till it's past the second stage of contact.

mrsupraboy said:
I found recently that my john guess hoses were leaking gas at the connections. Do you need to cut the hose flush also how do you cut the hose
yes cut flush. I have a pair of dog nail clippers (already had them, wouldn't buy them just for this purpose) which give a great cut, but good scissor will do it. You need to ensure you push the hose all the way into the fitting otherwise it won't seal completely. I find that the 4mm ID hose just don't go on as well as 5mm ID hose.

Sweet i was gona try and cut it flush. Its leaking at the on connection to were the keg is. I heard the keg gargling and i was like what the heck so i turned off the gas for a night and cameback to the keg near empty.

Latest posts

Back