James Gandolfini - gone at 51.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
surly said:
Thanks for the tip :)
Found a new cooking show to watch.
Me too. Nyum nyum nyum!

Post Sopranos, James Gandolfini produced a docco for HBO called Alive Day Memories where he had ten or so injured Iraq war veterans basically sit accross from him and recount stories of the day the sustained their appalling injuries. It's worth looking up if you want to see the cut of the bloke.

Bribie G said:
Thus the "common" popular cultural glue that has held us together for probably millennia has now disappeared and for probably most people the death of this person means nothing personal as they have never seen him on TV.
^^ this.

Never liked the show, his death effects me about the same as the 1000 africans that die each day.
I cant wait until the day i die and *just* because i was famous for making the best beer in australia that everyone thinks im more important then the average joe.

+ 1 on Perdita Durango. Didn't see much of the Sopranos but my first thought when I heard this today was ' gotta track that movie down again ' . Love the bit where he tells his partner what he thinks of him...
RIP James Gandolfini

adryargument said:
^^ this.

Never liked the show, his death effects me about the same as the 1000 africans that die each day.
I cant wait until the day i die and *just* because i was famous for making the best beer in australia that everyone thinks im more important then the average joe.

Your point of view I can understand but it's a very different point to the one Bribie was making (and the part which you quoted).

manticle said:
Your point of view I can understand but it's a very different point to the one Bribie was making (and the part which you quoted).
Was kind of seperate issues/views. But on the same note i was merely reflecting that the 'death of this person means nothing personal as they have never seen him on TV.'
As i find it incredibly hard to get through a whole episode i put myself in this category.

Edit: Very dissapointed about this cooking show on SBS i missed. Sounds great!
Edit: Looks great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hun_yj5u4S0

My banner is at half mast ........ The best TV show I have seen by far.
Also has the best psychiatrist scene ........ Carmilla gets told.... classic.
Cheers
BBB

RIP James Gandolfini.

Remember seeing him first in True Romance. Awesome scene.
He was great in The Mexican too.
Haven't seen The Sopranos... yet

Latest posts

Back