jacketed conical FV'S

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Been looking into this subject, think I've found a pretty good source. Anybody else running a setup like this? Pressure rayed to FV 2 bar, jacket to 3 bar (pretty effing good)

Anybody running something like this I'd love to hear from.

I think heating it is a double, how about cooling? Looking at 50l equipment currently

I have a couple of 140L jacketed but yet to set up the glycol system , will be filling one for the first time Thursday.
Fermenting ambient, wish me luck .
Nev

Yob

When you say it's pressure rated to 2-3 bar, how were you able to tell this?

50L is probably ok, but when you get a little larger then they become pressure vessels that have to comply with AS1210 and get registered with workover.

Paul

Yob said:
Ooh, piccies please ;)
Best I can do right now, can get some action shots Thursday.
DSC_1572_582.JPG
No idea why it posted two pics :blink:

Attachments

• DSC_1572_582.JPG
    DSC_1572_582.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 43
Yob you wouldn't have a link perchance? or you keeping this one quiet?

quiet for now mate, may end up in a bulk buy of epic proportions, thought I had emailed myself the photo's but was the wrong email, I'll sort that out tmoz for ya's

ed: it's on my work email so I dont have access right now... stupidly..

Yob, your SWMBO must be a beer drinking saint. Mine would have disappeared me many BB's ago ;)

secret is dont tell them till its been ordered.. :lol: Better to seek forgiveness than permission when dealing with bulk buys..

But yes, VERY understanding and Im a very lucky man to be in such a position :wub:

Conicals.jpg

[SIZE=10.5pt]Technical Specification:[/SIZE]
  1. [SIZE=10.5pt]Material: Stainless Steel SUS 304[/SIZE]
  2. [SIZE=10.5pt]Inner diameter* thickness: 305x2mm[/SIZE]
  3. [SIZE=10.5pt]dimple jacket thickness: 1.5mm[/SIZE]
  4. [SIZE=10.5pt]Total height: 1279mm, Body height: 630mm, Leg height: 470mm[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Spare parts included:[/SIZE]
  1. [SIZE=10.5pt]Fittings and gaskets.[/SIZE]
  2. [SIZE=10.5pt]Check valve, Sample Valve, 2pcs 1" triclamp butterfly [/SIZE]
  3. [SIZE=10.5pt]Thermometer, fittings and gaskets , triclamps.[/SIZE]

Very cool. So is fluid circulation possible within the jacket? Looks like it but just checking. Also where are the fittings for cooling circulation located? Seems like one near the top of the jacket and one near the bottom would make sense, but I know nothing about the dynamics of a sealed cooling jacket.

Yep, spot on, jacket has the fluid running through, the side fitting is for the jacket inlet, I'm yet to pour over the plane and specs

Yob don't have one, but have spent some months researching myself. The pressure capabilities would put this at the top of my list, most I've seen only go to 1Bar. Whilst active fermentation is taking place your usually running pressures between 5 and 15 psi, 30 psi and your starting to damage the yeast. Toward the end of ferm, you can ramp up above 15psi to carbinate. Preasure ferments have a lower krausen so you could probably get away with 40-44l, though for beers where you want esters you would brew non pressured. You haven't noted any outlets on the lid for blow off or pressure relief 2 would be awesome.

In my search I had been looking at un jacketed simply because glycol chillers are as costly if not more so than the fermenter itself, and I note with that size it's probably going to need a warming circuit as well. I said in another thread last night I had been looking at ghetto glycol chillers, most of those use a window AC with the evaporator coil submersed in a glycol solution a couple of guys have been running the for more that 2 years so can be done.

For me I'd go bigger or get unjacketed, a 20 Gal (plus head space) glacier tanks fermenter will fit in a soft drink fridge.
fermenter.jpg

Yob,
that pic is of 2 different fermenters :huh:

I am curious of the price on these... 'cause of course, i know shiny things makes my beer better

Rough price?
I assume imported not locally built?
Size? (I assume 50l plus head space?)

Would depend on the size of the shipment, I'd have to dig up the emails, I did get prices, just got busy and put this aside.

Latest posts

Back