Its on....a new leader ALP?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there's a PM in power that no-one voted for, and before anyone can (who would?) labour keep trying to put the voted for PM back into power.
Labourisafarkinjoke at the moment.

what's all this "no-one voted for" business? She got 64% of the votes in her electorate in 2010...

rotten said:
So there's a PM in power that no-one voted for, and before anyone can (who would?) labour keep trying to put the voted for PM back into power.
as i live in Julia Gilliards electorate and i did vote for her renders your post as another msm driven piece of garbage.

rotten said:
Voted for in what way? Her seat or the position of PM? Because the two are different.

tavas said:
Voted for in what way? Her seat or the position of PM? Because the two are different.

Yes one is voted on by the people of Australia and the other is voted on by the Labour Party. Which one do you think she got without a vote?

last election abbott had won on the peoples vote. it was the wheeling and dealing with greens and primarily the independants that got her accross the line,
although she has claimed many times that she was voted in by the people, this is a spin and another one of her lies.. and then the folk that helped her accross the line, she then subsequently shafted. dont pay the ferryman, till he gets you to the other side, ahah ahhaha.

dougsbrew said:
last election abbott had won on the peoples vote. it was the wheeling and dealing with greens and primarily the independants that got her accross the line,
You're suggesting that Labor did something wrong or unethical to team up with members of Parliament not aligned with their own party in order to beat the Coalition?

Votes to an independant are a proxy essentially. So yes labor was essentially voted in by the people.
As for her not being voted - we've had an election since she knifed rudd. and we live in Australia not the US - we vote for a local member who represents us and is a member of a party (or is independant which leads to proxy support). We dont vote for a leader as an individual. Thats what we vote our local members for to choose that person for us (assuming the person representing your electorate is also a member of the party with the majority of seats; if not they have no say in who is the leader).

Adding to this : politics is a game of confidence - much like the ecconomy. Normally they play hand in hand but for reasons that escape my level of understanding we have a situation where there is confidence in our credit rating which gives us a high $ value but a lack of confidence in government. Whats worse is that theres not really any confidence in any one looking to sit in the hot seat.
I've said it before and I'll say it again; I think we're at least 10 years away from seeing some good leadership in this country.

Komodo said:
Votes to an independant are a proxy essentially. So yes labor was essentially voted in by the people.
Thats if you put politicians and 'people' in the same catergory..lol..
interesting liam, patora claims yesterday was all caused by the media.

[twitter]TheNTNews[/twitter] seem to have it right with this tweet :
HOPEFULLY, WE HAVE GOT THE BALANCE RIGHT WITH TODAY'S FRONT PAGE...
BF6xeklCIAAfjac.jpg

With all the pissing, moaning and aping of News Limited by the 'man in the street', I'd be curious to see if anybody in this small pocket of the internet can demonstrate how their own lot has been worsened by the current government.

We constantly seemed to be 'fucked', but I can see little evidence to support it. And I run a small bushiness.

So who's getting fucked?

Perhaps the '****-sayers' are being altruistic on behalf those who cant say 'we're fucked' for themselves.

Self fulfilling prophecy, or are we really all fucked? If so how?

Dave70 said:
Perhaps the '****-sayers' are being altruistic on behalf those who cant say 'we're fucked' for themselves.
Refugees and the like, you mean?

tee-hee

Back