Italian Spiral Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazza_devil

Reaction score
G'day Brewers,

I just received my Italian Spiral Burner from Beerbelly and have a couple of questions regarding assembly of the beast. The included instructions for assembly are a bit vague.
How imperitive is it that the burner ring is central in the stand?
There are two knob-like protrusions on top of the shaft of the burner, do I assemble it so that a knob is on each side of the front bracket? This will place the ring of the burner off centre.

Any help would be appreciated, even a pic of your burner would be good.

ill get you a pic tomorrow mate
i just slid mine together then bolted it up from memory.

I bent the bracket ever so slightly forward on mine to take up a little of the difference but it is still off centre - doesn't present an issue for me though as my kettle is only 36L so I have the wriggle room for it to sit to the side a touch and everything still be stable - you may not.

No worries thanks barls, a pic may be handy.

I have it together with the inner nipple of the shaft on the inside of the bracket closest the inlet and held in place with the included half plate which is attached to the outer side.
It's off-centre a couple of centimetres but I sould be able to do the bum wriggle with my 32 L kettle.

I've noticed it states in the operating instructions that the pipe used to connect the regulator must not be longer than 1.5mt. I have the 3m hose with the med. pressure regulator, will this pose a problem?

I've noticed it states in the operating instructions that the pipe used to connect the regulator must not be longer than 1.5mt. I have the 3m hose with the med. pressure regulator, will this pose a problem?

Nope. You'll be fine. When I got my spiral burner, I didn't even read the instructions, hence I missed that bit... :huh: Having said that, I only use the 1.5/8?m hose and the low pressure reg and it kicks arse!!!

Med pressure and 3m will be alright mate

Tyler

I'm not sure that I got instructions with mine & I didn't realise how off centre it was until I took this photo. It works OK.

spiral.jpg

If I didn't have so many boilovers then it wouldn't be so filthy.

I'm contemplating getting a italian spiral burner for my gas fired 50lt HLT which I'm building. Is it worth getting one or should I look at getting something else and if so what burner does others recommend?

I'm contemplating getting a italian spiral burner for my gas fired 50lt HLT which I'm building. Is it worth getting one or should I look at getting something else and if so what burner does others recommend?

I love my italian spiral with adjustable reg and wouldn't have anything else (but at the same time, haven't had anything else for comparison). You won't be disappointed with the purchase...

I've got one of these babies too!
Great bit of gear. I've used it on a full 76L kettle - no dramas at all with the adjustable reg.

My only photos...Mines off centre too. Notice BBQ plate under elevated off ground by bricks. Don't use this burner on concrete slab or a deck.....There is a thread somewhere showing the destruction.

IMG_0179__Large_.jpg IMG_0180__Large_.jpg

Cheers,

PB

I'll be hopefully firing this baby up after I get a 9kg cylinder + gas today.
With the med. pressure adjutable regs (the red one), where's the shutoff point with the tap? I didn't expect it to screw right out if you keep turning it anticlockwise. What happens if this happens when it's in use?

Thanks PB, I read that thread and have something in mind that incoorporates a BBQ plate as well.

Notice BBQ plate under elevated off ground by bricks. Don't use this burner on concrete slab or a deck.....There is a thread somewhere showing the destruction.
I thought that was a Rambo? Regardless, I do put a kiln fired paving slab underneath mine, just to be sure, to be sure.

With the med. pressure adjutable regs (the red one), where's the shutoff point with the tap? I didn't expect it to screw right out if you keep turning it anticlockwise. What happens if this happens when it's in use?
I open the taps all the way on both my gas bottle and on the burner itself, and use the med press regulator to adjust the live flame. Once finished, I just turn gas off at the bottle, then at the burner end, and leave the reg adjusted in place ready to go for next time.

definatly do not use one without protection from a wooden decking....my decks all scorched and the smell of treated pine during a boil puts you a little off, got plently of that cement sheet under it now though.

best.burner.ever

definatly do not use one without protection from a wooden decking....my decks all scorched and the smell of treated pine during a boil puts you a little off, got plently of that cement sheet under it now though.

best.burner.ever

No worries mate.

It mentions in the instructions sheet to keep away from inflammable material and far away from walls (at least 2m).

I've arked her up and all seems well. Lovely beast of a thing. I'm in love already and I haven't had a pot on her yet. Hopefully I can burn most of the black smelly paint off before I put the kettle on her.
Ended up getting a POL to 3/8" adaptor to try her out with my old 4kg portable gas barbie cylinder, 12 bux and I was away.
I'm not sure if the adaptor restricts the flow or not but there is a fairly loud whistling noise coming from the cylinder when it's arked up full.

I thought that was a Rambo? Regardless, I do put a kiln fired paving slab underneath mine, just to be sure, to be sure.
no that was a spiral.
once again sorry croz.

hatchy what reg are you running?
mines an adjustable medium. i currently run on 2 bessa blocks which is about the right height.

next time you do a batch feel the concrete under it after you turn it off.

G'day Murcluf,

I now use NG, but previously had a Nasa (Turkey burner), then got the Italian spiral burner with a med pressure regulator and it was awesome!

Never had it on full :eek: and it was much quieter than the nasa.

It would do 50L in an idle yawn.

Cheers,
BB

hatchy what reg are you running?
mines an adjustable medium. i currently run on 2 bessa blocks which is about the right height.

next time you do a batch feel the concrete under it after you turn it off.

I've got the adjustable med pressure reg. I may have to invest in a few bricks. The concrete does get pretty warm but is intact (for now).

Latest posts

Back