Italian Spiral Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That picture link is nothing like the Italian Spiral :unsure:

Cheers Ross

Really? I thought it looked pretty close, other than being orange.

Although on closer inspection, the burner configuration isn't actually a spiral.

Ended up with the Italian spiral i was after and got it at Cellar Plus in epping. Last one on the shelf. Bit expensive tho @ $110, wouldnt knock off $10 cause it was the last one and scratched. Said hes struggling getting stuff from Italy. It was either that or $115 from beerbelly incl freight plus i didnt want to have to wait so i just bit the bullet.

This one is the proper Italian spiral tho, has the proper burner holes in a spiral shape and has Made in Italy engraved on the side so im happy.

Think those ones in the picture with the orange stand are a bit cheaper but not much.

Anyways its done, thanks for all your help guys.

Sorry to revive an old thread.

I am looking to buy an Italian Spiral Burner but I would prefer not to pay the postage costs from Adelaide Anyone know a place in Sydney that sells them for a realistic price?
No luck with Auscrown or Gameco and the Hospitality store I frequent only has things around the $500 mark. Frustrating having such a large country :p Anyone have an italian spiral with branding on it?
I don't think the hospitality world calls them spirals, I can't find any info on them.

I am looking to buy an Italian Spiral Burner but I would prefer not to pay the postage costs from Adelaide Anyone know a place in Sydney that sells them for a realistic price?

From memory shipping overnight on my spiral (from Beer Belly in Adelaide to Melbourne) was only $16. I reckon you'd spend more driving around trying to source one.

Unless you could let your keyboard do the walking...? I'm interested as well having just started BIAB and I'm getting sick of the stove top already.
I'm considering one of the cheap chirese spirals from Lee's Warehouse.

Hi Fents,

I have the cheap chinese one with a medium pressure reg. Works very well, Ive boiled 80L no problems.

Cheers
Andrew.
Wow!.. I like the idea of a burner made in Italy as opposed to China but if this thing performs well (and it sounds like it does) I am in. Only thing left to ask is where to get cheaper medium regulators from. I don't think Lees Warehouse site has them. Or am I being too cheap and should just get a decent one from beer belly for $70 odd?

P.S - found some cheap cast iron grill plates on there for my rib-eyes too

Wow!.. I like the idea of a burner made in Italy as opposed to China but if this thing performs well (and it sounds like it does) I am in. Only thing left to ask is where to get cheaper medium regulators from. I don't think Lees Warehouse site has them. Or am I being too cheap and should just get a decent one from beer belly for $70 odd?

P.S - found some cheap cast iron grill plates on there for my rib-eyes too

I got the med adjustable reg from auscrown, also picked up a decent stainless steel braided hose while you at it; all up cost me $40 from memory.

QldKev

I got the med adjustable reg from auscrown, also picked up a decent stainless steel braided hose while you at it; all up cost me $40 from memory.

QldKev

Nice one, I'll check it out. Lee seems to be out of stock of those burners at the moment. Hopefully he gets some more soon.
There's always great savings tips on here, Cheers

Latest posts

Back