Isinglass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jye

Hop Junky
Reaction score
Believe it or not there doesnt appear to be an official Isinglass thread :eek: So lets get some experiences and opinions together here.

I used some MagiFine 300 in a Bo Pils last week and the results are very good and similar to gelatine. I prepared it by boiling 200 ml of water in the microwave and then placed it in the freezer to chill down to 0 C. Added 1 g of isinglass and gave it a swirl to mix through every 5 min for half an hour, all the while placing it back in the fridge to remain cold. Then chucked it straight into the keg while filling.

Compared to gelatine I found it clear the same and remove chill haze but only about half a pint was need to be blown before nearly bright beer started to pour. That being said the clear beer did contain a few clumps of yeast/isinglass for the first pint, so I image the isinglass did not 'compact' quite as well as gelatine.

Ill post a money shot later today.

Cheers
Jye

On the left is an American Lager finned with gelatine and a Bo Pils on the right with Isinglass.

IMG_2211.jpg

So no one else has used isinglass :huh:

Is isinglass the same as polyclar?

Back