Isb Big Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you coming on 5th May?

• S$%T Yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prolly - just gotta check if I can get a leave pass

• Nah got other stuff lined up

• Total voters

crozdog

Lunchbox Legend!
Reaction score
OK ISB'ers,

I haven't run this past the MRS yet, but it shouldn't be a drama (I hope) cause she works on Saturdays. ;) I'm proposing to host a big brew day at my place on behalf of ISB May 5 as part of the global big brew day (details here)

The purpose of this poll is to see who wants to come along, get some numbers on the volume we'll need to make & also get an understanding of what it is that we might make.

So let me know who's interested & if you want a cube. Don't forget to checkout the formal Recipe details here or post your suggestions.

The West coast have planning underway already.

I'm going to be sorting out the big mash tun soon, so we can up the volume from our December effort :party:

MALES, HAGS & HILLFOLK also welcome.

beers

Crozdog

Definitely up for this one.

Not sure about getting a cube. I guess it depends on the recipe. I'm not really sure I'd want to do the BBD recipes. Just not really what I want to make in the next while.

I'm going to be sorting out the big mash tun soon, so we can up the volume from our December effort

Good to see that the pitifully small 42kg brew day is behind us and we can move on to real quantities. :party:

Who voted they had enough beer stock ??!? hmmm

i voted partigyle but dont really mind. a belgian or ipa or ... bock

might need some room in the shed for some sleep overs croz ... !

You know I'll be there and the beer I'm after!

Shall I enter it in a few contests later in the year :)

PS, got a couple of spare cubes to donate. Just PM me if you want one

MALES, HAGS & HILLFOLK also welcome.

beers

Crozdog

Thanks Crozdog. The Hills Brewers are also doing the Big Brew Day here at my place on the Saturday. So far we have about 6 or 7 coming around with their rigs to do some serious mashing. I'm planning on a double, Doc is thinking about it as well, Gerard_M is brewing a double of Firkin Bolter, Phrak is demonstrating the BIAB, Petesbrew is doing a partial or first mash and Jazzafish and Thommo are bringing their rigs. Hopefully we may get a couple more as well.

Should be a great day with lots of beer, lots of grain and the BBQ running :super: :party:

Cheers.

might need some room in the shed for some sleep overs croz ... !

LOL, can always move the camper trailer out into the lane like Gerard suggested at the last meeting B)

You know I'll be there and the beer I'm after!

That'd be something dark malty with almost no hops wouldn't it? :ph34r:

Thanks Crozdog. The Hills Brewers are also doing the Big Brew Day here at my place on the Saturday.

No worries Duff, Sounds like you guys are going to have a top one! :beer:

Can't make it Phil, Saturday is kids sport day. That said the boys will playing just round the corner on Brighton Road so I might try to sneak off for half and hour and pop in.

I'll be there.

Just hope I havent screwed up my dates and I need to work, but if so I'm sure I can work something out.

Bring your NASA Luke we will need all the fire power we can get!

Looks like a different recipe might be the go then. Any suggestions? Something dark? Something hoppy? :ph34r:

roflmao.gif

something hoppy ? - yeah

so should we have a list of whats needed & what peeps can bring ?

in this thread or isb emails ?

nb - stop pickin on DJR's burner, not everyone likes a screamer !?!

1KG of hops, come on i know we can do it :)

Ben, considering how much hops we used in december, I reckon 1kg is possible :D

I also think we should look at doing a partigyle so we can get 2 different brews with different levels of bitterness. That way ewe can keep more happier :party:

So what do we wanna brew? I know there is always "interest" for an APA, but what about something different? Partigyle ideas include APA/Irish red; RIS/Stout; APA/goldy. I'd like to keep the grain bill pretty simple eg 1 bag of this, half a bag of that & a quarter of a bag of something else.

So lets get out thinking hats on & float some ideas

Philip

How about an Imperial Pilsner (malt liquor!) /Kolsch partigyle for something different? Would just have to be 80-90% pilsner, 10-20% wheat for the grist, bit of vienna malt if we want, dead simple.

Other ones i can think of

Weizenbock/Dunkelweizen

Tripel or Belgian Golden Strong/something pale around 1.045 OG (Kolsch, Blonde Ale, Saison, etc)

US Barleywine/pale ale

I like the sound of "Tripel or Belgian Golden Strong/something pale around 1.045 OG (Kolsch, Blonde Ale, Saison, etc)"

I'll keep plugging the dark beer angle. :)

How about a robust porter and brown ale parti-gyle?
Or Russian Imperial Stout and Dry stout?

Keeping away from hops and dark beers, we could do a Wee Heavy with a Scottish ale.

A Wee Heavy and a (insert whatever here) gets my vote!

But then, so does an English Barley Wine and a traditional Small Beer.

Trev

Back