Is This The Next Must Have Book ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The AHA pre-sale is now avail. Pre-orders close 31 January.
US$17.95 +S/H and AHA members with pre-order get 20% off the list price.

Pre-order with Standard International Shipping (averages 18-32 days) from Amazon = US$22.19
Pre-order with Expedited International Shipping (averages 8-16 business days) from Amazon = US$32.19
Pre-order from the AHA with Priority USPS Airmail = $29.36

Doc

Well it seems that ordering from the AHA with Priority USPS Airmail really isn't priority.
Got notification of shipping on Jan 12 and it still hasn't arrived.
Anyone else pre-order from AHA and have received your copy yet ?

Doc

It finally lobbed today.
Only actually got posted on the 17th of Feb.
On the initial flick through it looks pretty good.
Even Gose is represented, as well as the style I'm messing with at the moment (Lichtenhainer).

Doc

Received my copy of Brewing with Wheat and will be getting stuck into it asap.

Doc, is it as good as BLAM???

Really enjoyed Brew Like a Monk by Stan Hieronymous.

Want to get my mitts onto his 'Brewing with Wheat' book. Sounds like a goodie.

Anyone reading it report back what they think of it. Curious as to whether the book covers purely wheat beers, or any beer with wheat in the grain-bill.

Hopper.

I been skimming through it and it's quite interesting. Lots of good info, particularly about yeast profiles and ferment temps [as you would expect I spose] and mashing methods/ temps. Mainly the focus is on wheat beers but not strictly, theres a couple of wheat wine recipes and some interesting stuff about using wheat extract and judging wheat beers-> "Bubblegum isn't a positive, banana is what you want..",
I love the bubblegum flavour :icon_cheers: , Has a chapter on "Wheat beers of the past",.+ allsorts of other good stuff. I give it the 2 thumbs up! :icon_chickcheers:

This is a really good read,

15032010_001_.jpg

Just put my order in for Randy Mosher 'Tasting Beer' from the Book depository.
I find it hilarious that I can buy a book from the states and have it posted for half the price
that it will cost me to walk to my local big w.

Back