Is my little brown pump... THE little brown pump?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatus

Reaction score
Hi all,

Bought myself a little brown pump from here - but then realized just cos its a 12v little brown pump doesn't mean it is THE little brown pump. Is this the same one everyone else uses? Its rated for boiling water but will it put stuff / flavors in my wort? I am only planning using it for mash transfer and whirlpool, so no cooled wort will go through it.

Any feedback from LBP owners? If the consensus is that it may not be safe I will use it for pumping chiller water and buy another from elsewhere.

Cheers

Hmm.. I think i have seen a photo of someone that has dismantled one (to clean I assume), maybe I should take the little thing apart and see if its insides match. It does have a bad smell to it, which I would hate to touch my beer, but my suspicion is that is just the terrible Chinese plastic used on the outside.

Thats the one mate, they come 12v and easy/safe to wire up yourself. I just used an old 12v power supply i had lying around.

You can also use a 19v laptop power for more kick

19 volt on a 12 volt pump ? Wouldn't doing this stuff the pump in short order.

Latest posts

Back