Is coopers halal?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slcmorro said:
istock_can-of-worms.jpg
Want sauce with that ?

Just dont get me started on vegan certification. No way on Gods ( or Allah's ) earth am I giving up steak or bacon.

Interestingly it cost more to change the artwork on a product label that it costs for " insert certification here"

I reckon we should start boycotting printers for raising the cost of food.

I don't & will not support anything that I know is even remotely associated with Halal certification.
I'm no racist bigot but I kind of like our free & democratic way of life & if any organization wants to compromise that via a third party, they can kiss my arse & I refuse to support it in any way. Do I know that they support IS or terrorist organizations? No I don't & they will tell you that they don't in any way shape or form but I smell a rat.
Support if you wish but I'm staying well clear of it all even if I am now looking down the barrel of not eating Cadbury chocolate anymore. I just don't trust the certification or the organization sorry!

Is alcohol actually restricted in the Q'uran? Or just in the surahs?

Do you realise that halal malt extract and non-halal malt extract are exactly the same?

Crusty said:
I don't & will not support anything that I know is even remotely associated with Halal certification.
I'm no racist bigot
Ahh the old I'm not a racist bigot but... the sure sign that the rest of what is posted will be racist bigotry.

Yes sir, actually by your own admission you are a racist bigot. Technically an islamophobic bigot.You refuse to support something because it has a connection to islam. That sir is islamophobia. You don't really understand what the issue with it is, but you have a vague feeling of unease so you act on it by rejecting it rather than learning about it. That sir is bigotry.

A lot of halal certified stuff is also kosher certified. Technically that means it should somehow spontaneously self combust.

I'm going to out myself as bigoted against all religions & faith based organisations, but I also think boycotting companies for having halal certification makes no difference to the religiosity of people. If anything it would be counter productive to something that I do support which is independent Australian owned breweries. The key to beating faith is education, and if anything we should be pressuring our governments to revoke tax breaks for religions and treat them just like any other corporation (and getting proselytising chaplains out of schools). Catholic priests **** kids, and our PM is catholic, what do I do... boycott Australia?

Airgead said:
Ahh the old I'm not a racist bigot but... the sure sign that the rest of what is posted will be racist bigotry.

Yes sir, actually by your own admission you are a racist bigot. Technically an islamophobic bigot.You refuse to support something because it has a connection to islam. That sir is islamophobia. You don't really understand what the issue with it is, but you have a vague feeling of unease so you act on it by rejecting it rather than learning about it. That sir is bigotry.

A lot of halal certified stuff is also kosher certified. Technically that means it should somehow spontaneously self combust.
You sir can kiss my arse. How is not supporting the Halal certification being racist! I have no racial judgement against Muslim people, Aboriginal people or any foreign nationals at all. If they wish to live in our country & live by our values & way of life, than I welcome that with open arms. What I do not & will not support is extremism of any culture, white Australia inclusive. I actually have some Muslim friends on Facebook & although their cultural beliefs & religion is no where near what I believe in, that's their choice & what they believe in so that all fine with me. If I am suspicious as to where money is going due to the Halal certification, I will continue to not support it. I don't give a shit if you support it, your choice fella. I don't recall seeing too many Muslim's running around beheading people & destroying our free way of life but I do see the extremists doing just that. I'm not tarnishing Muslims with this awful crime so don't assume I'm labeling the religion with the same brush because you misread my post. I don't have Islamophobia you fool.

Airgead said:
You don't really understand what the issue with it is, but you have a vague feeling of unease so you act on it by rejecting it rather than learning about it. That sir is bigotry.
That is freedom of choice, not bigotry.

Liam_snorkel said:
I'm going to out myself as bigoted against all religions & faith based organisations, but I also think boycotting companies for having halal certification makes no difference to the religiosity of people. If anything it would be counter productive to something that I do support which is independent Australian owned breweries. The key to beating faith is education, and if anything we should be pressuring our governments to revoke tax breaks for religions and treat them just like any other corporation (and getting proselytising chaplains out of schools). Catholic priests **** kids, and our PM is catholic, what do I do... boycott Australia?
Why? Assessing and forming an opinion based on mountains of evidence hardly makes you a bigot, actually the opposite. If thats the case, then ******* bigot me up also.

Liam_snorkel said:
Yes, education is good. Calling people names ( as many have done on this thread) because they have a different view, is not.

And in response to some previous comments, yes some Australian halal certification schemes are privately owned, but,the wealth some individuals have gained on the back it of it, just goes to show that the costs are not just for administering the processes involved, as the websites would have us believe. No biggie really, but then there are other halal cert groups in Australia who are registered charities who's money distribution needs to be closely scrutinized, with current world events.

Crusty said:
That is freedom of choice, not bigotry.
No, no.. actually it is bigotry.

BIGOT. : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

The key is obstinate and intolerant. Freedom of choice is where you understand an issue then make a decision based on sound reasoning. A knee jerk reaction is biggotry.

This whole anti-halal thing is islamophobia pure and simple. Its intolerance, racism (religionism technically) and biggotry. Its about time we started calling it what it is.

Haha Jacqui Lambie. Dumb as a block of wood, but good on her for giving it a go.

Latest posts

Back