Is coopers halal?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eagleburger said:
Dont want to extinguish your anger, but most of those examples you cite are the result of greed and power rather than prejudice.
Prejudices are often used to drive and maintain greed and power. There's nothing that says they can't and don't often coexist. What's the cliche bit?

I could not really be bothered reading all 15 pages so I hope no one else has posted this pic.

image.jpg

dicko said:
I could not really be bothered reading all 15 pages so I hope no one else has posted this pic.
I still wish no one had posted it. If you're being ironic, I apologise for missing the joke.

wide eyed and legless said:
Not a weak argument, bigotry covers everything, thin people, fat people, ugly people, disabled people or any category in which a group may be vilified it isn't just about race, religion or homosexuals.

Of course it covers everything. Just not sure who the bigot police are or what obesity has to do with halal.

Furthermore, the effect of different prejudices (and their history) does make some reasonable distinctions. Someone could be bigoted against you because you drive a Mercedes or ride a bike but the real effect in terms of historical wrongs doesn't compare to some of the earlier, (supposedly cliched) examples I gave.

People of privilege are always the first to cry foul when someone is mean to them yet whinge about their right to use racist, sexist whatever ephitets they please whenever they please. Hurt feelings reports for all.

justatad said:
Thats one muther of a roo Dicko, give him a bandanna and a machine gun an call him rambo.
He has definitely been workin' out. :lol:

goomboogo said:
I still wish no one had posted it. If you're being ironic, I apologise for missing the joke.
Apology accepted goomboogo. :D

The obesity thing is, on this site within the last fortnight a blatant bigoted remark was made about obese people, not one finger pointed or call made about a bigoted remark, so do the bigot police (the ones on this site who want to point a finger and call bigot) think that bigotry only counts if it is against race or religion.
In these posts no one has made any bigotry remarks, if someone has said they won't buy a product if they believe that the said product is certified halal because of their concerns that any money made by the certification could go to towards promoting Sharia law, rightly or wrongly, as no one can prove either way where any profits go.
For myself I don't care whether something is kosher or halal as long as its edible, excepting the halal laundry powder which I have noticed in our laundry and in saying this I do not support Sharia law just in case the money does go to promoting it.

Maybe the bigotry police missed it. I reckon I did.

I agree bigotry takes many forms and none are justifiable on principle. My point, if I could put it crudely though is that there is still a vast difference between calling someone a skip or a pom and calling someone a nigger or a wog and that is due to relative privilege and historical context.

Terms/sayings/names change over time. You never hear the word nigger used anymore, to the point that to the younger generation they wouldnt even know what the word meant. Same as the word gay, used to mean having a happy & fun time, now associated with people of homosexual persuasion, having a happy & fun time

I agree with you there manticle, I don't care what anyone calls me, remember the old adage,'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me' but labeling someone that is unknown to that person a bigot because they have taken a misguided point of view of what was said is something equally as bad as being a bigot. The only bigoted views that a blind eye can be turned at are those against Collingwood :D

I agree with you there manticle, I don't care what anyone calls me, remember the old adage,'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me' but labeling someone that is unknown to that person a bigot because they have taken a misguided point of view of what was said is something equally as bad as being a bigot. The only bigoted views that a blind eye can be turned at are those against Manly :D
FTFY

I agree with you there manticle, I don't care what anyone calls me, remember the old adage,'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me' but labeling someone that is unknown to that person a bigot because they have taken a misguided point of view of what was said is something equally as bad as being a bigot. The only bigoted views that a blind eye can be turned at are those against Collingwood :D
Yep.Bigoted against people who may or may not be bigots. Should be against all bigotry though eh? :lol:

Air and Water are Halal.
Would all the religious bigots please desist the consumption of these two products, thank-you

That reminds me of an argument on a pommie boxing site, the number of times twat was mentioned by one poster was hilarious, I wish I could remember it all but the ending went like this.
'You're nothing but a twatting twat, you twat' :lol:

Back