Is A 60l Mash Tun Big Enough?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats the way pok, buy now ask questions later ;)

thats the way pok, buy now ask questions later ;)

Well I bought it. Im considering it a 21st bday present. I was given money for my bday and I put aside to use for building my brewery. So even though its a little over the amount I wanted to spend... it has bling factor. And makes a good birthday present

:D

Pok

60fronttop.jpg

:beerbang:

Well she finally arrived :D

cooler.jpg

Now to start the modification process... well eventually.

So the plan is to install a false bottom... this one most probably (Craftbrewer false bottom)

But the question I have is regarding utilising the existing drainage hole.

Now the original hole drains from the bottom of the cooler and exits through the side... so the drain has a bend in it within the cooler wall.

Inside_Cooler.jpg
drain_hole.jpg

Has anyone used the original drain hole in a simlar set up before? My thought was to just put a false bottom in... similar to the craftbrewer version however without a hole in the middle so the liquid just drains straight out the bottom hole.... hope this makes sense.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Pok

My mashtun drains out the bottom pok, it works well. You'd just have to find a way to attach a tap/hosetail to that outlet on the side I reckon.

Looks Good.

What thread size is the outlet...Might have a male thread with a plastic female screwed on the outside.
If so - unscrew the female plastic ring - and u should be able to find a SS Ballvalev that should screw on there.

Its a pity the hole is not centered - as this is beter if you fly spage - but no prblems if Batch sparging.

Hope this helps.

Keep us posted on how things go.

Back