Introduction

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doon

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself, just started brewing a few weeks ago, have my second on the go after bottling my first. Just have a basic set up which i bought from Grain and Grape (just round the corner from me how lucky am I!!)

Been using their fresh wort kits, which seem to be of excellent quality.

I am already looking around for a fridge to build a kegerator as after my first bottling experience I thought bugger this!!

Researching everyday also to hopefully upgrade bit by bit to AG

Mat

Welcome to the fold :)

Well as you've already started with the fresh wort kits, your only real step is all grain as far as I'm concerned (those kits are full mash anyway).. Doing those is what turned me to AG. Read the BIAB thread, people are having success with that route.

That being said tho, starting with partials may be the way to go... Ahh... so many possibilities!

I had the same experience after my first bottling run... I believe it was something along the lines of "never again"

LOL... since then I only bottle maybe a six pack (except for the odd occasion where i will fill a 9L keg and bottle half) and keg the rest. Don't get me started on my purchase tomorrow (counter pressure bottle filler).

Anyway, I digress... Welcome aboard, there is SO much info on here - it will take you years to read it all :)

Enjoy.

Chris

Yeah it blew me away getting into this, my last experience with home brewing was my brother and uncles and all they used was shitty kits from coles etc

I started searching the net and just went holy shit!! this is crazy! its what i have been dreaming of, i have such a love of beer, and to see that you can do so much with cheap simple tools just amazed me.

I like most of you, now have been spending countless hours trying to convince the CEO how much money this will save us in the long run :lol:

Back