Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Wanted to say hello and to give praise to all the great info on this forum. After weeks of reading I went and purchased a Brewcraft Kit and have it fermenting right now. I am planning my next couple of batches already getting a stock for the summer.

I am keen to try DrSmurto's Golden Ale kit version and I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of a place I can get these ingredients online or in store. I purchased my brew kit from the Brewcraft in Ozzie Park, WA and they don't seem to carry coopers branded products. I don't want to have to limit myself to one place and I am hoping there is a good online alternative or somewhere else in Perth close to town (where I work and live)

Thanks again for all this great forum, the wealth of info on here helped me make the decision to get into homebrew..

Cheers,

JB

Hi Guys,

Wanted to say hello and to give praise to all the great info on this forum. After weeks of reading I went and purchased a Brewcraft Kit and have it fermenting right now. I am planning my next couple of batches already getting a stock for the summer.

I am keen to try DrSmurto's Golden Ale kit version and I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of a place I can get these ingredients online or in store. I purchased my brew kit from the Brewcraft in Ozzie Park, WA and they don't seem to carry coopers branded products. I don't want to have to limit myself to one place and I am hoping there is a good online alternative or somewhere else in Perth close to town (where I work and live)

Thanks again for all this great forum, the wealth of info on here helped me make the decision to get into homebrew..

Cheers,

JB

Welcome mate,

Try one of the Sponsors at the top of the screen, Craftbrewer is my Local ;) ... Plenty of gear available from everyone....

:icon_cheers: CB

From England, Brewing since the start of 2009... Kits then Extract then All Grain.
Its a slippery slope, very addictive.
:)

From England, Brewing since the start of 2009... Kits then Extract then All Grain.
Its a slippery slope, very addictive.

Welcome...
Noting your place of residence.. i have 2 questions.

Have you been up to Harrogate to try the Morrisey Fox blonde...? :lol:
and on a serious note now.
Go the might Rovers.... [not really a question.. more a statement]

Rovers_Emblem.jpg

Don't think I've tried a Morrisey Fox beer at all!

What do ya recon about the Rovers mate

The Rover V8 is a classic...

as is a dog called Rover.
;)

Gidday

Just found this string. Found this site a few days ago and joined up. Have been a kit - partial masher for about two years. Current brews in the fermenters are a lightly hopped rasberry amber ale and what I am calling a whiskey bitter experiment - hydrometer says it should land at 8.5%, mix of EB bitter kit, coopers light malt, light oat malt extract, morgans caramalt, some smoked grains, a bit of orange peel, some vanilla bean and finished off with some Goldings hops.

Looking to take the plunge to become a full masher at some point soon.

Cheers

Jake

Hi all,

Found this site a few weeks ago, just after doing my 4th K&K brew. Wish I had found it earlier, I now know where I've been going wrong!!
I started doing homebrewing in August this year. So far I have only done 4 K&K brews and yesterday, with a lot of help from this site and IanH's spreadsheet, I put down my first extract brew. :party:

I haven't had much luck with the K&K brews, but the extract brew looks very promising.

Looking forward to make more delicious brews!

Cheers guys.

Hey all I'm new to the forum from Adelaide. I've just started brewing, i've bottled a batch of lager and have an english bitter in the fermenter with a bit of golden syrup for a bit of fun. I think i'd be a better personal trainer without all the beer but hey, it's too good to go without :p.

A big thanks to everyone that has contributed to this site, extremely interesting and valuable information floating around here. I'd be brewing according to the cans if it weren't for this site and i look forward to adding more complexity to my future brews.

Cheers guys

[Hi, my name's Jeff and I hail from the U.S. and agree with this quote:

Part of what I like about brewing is hanging out on forums. I give my opinion when it's not called for and offer advice when I have no idea. And no-one knows who I am.

I have said too much... :ph34r:
[/quote]

I hang out on the www.homebrewtalk.com site and lurk and gather info for my first brew. Am a N-O-O-B-I-E for now. Glad I found your great site!

Howdy all

I'm from Darwin NT, and last weekend just put down my 35th AG brew (a cause for much celebration, revelry and drinking.. as 1 through 34). I've been lurking around the forums for quiet some time, learning and applying heaps of knowledge to the art of brewing. Usually not one for communicating on forums, I thought it was about time for a change and have say.

Started AG brewing in late 2007, mostly Hefe's at the time, but have since broadened into many styles and have developed a few must have regular brews including a Porter, IPA and a Hefe Dunkel. Every brew so far has be an awesome experience from mashing through to drinking, except for a rather evil stout that shall not be named.

I'd be interested in catching up with other brewers in NT for trades, yarns or perhaps bulk grain orders, its costs crap loads to get grain up here :unsure:

Cheers, fleshy

Hello all,

I have been reading these forums for a while now and I have been hombrewing since May this year and just thought I should mention how helpful these forums are - I am reading 'Complete Joy of Homebrewing' and 'Homebrewing for Dummies' but find that the forums here are great for checking up on hombrewing in practice, making sure Papazian is not just taking the piss. I just got back from Bitter and Twisted and had a blast. It was good to see I was not alone in the search for good beer.

I am basically a n00b to homebrewing and I am up to my forth batch of beer. My biggest problem is finding a beer I like. Had a bit of a love affair with Matilda Bay Alpha Pale Ale at B&T - got the first glass for free thanks to a photographer which was awesome, but was blown away with that intense hop flavour. Right now I am smashing a bottle of Maxwell Honey mead which I have always wanted to try (Hope to brew some mead at some point using BrewerPete's recipe) So yeah, I am a bit of a beer/wine whore but I feel I spend more time reading about beer and deciding what to make. I like most beers - I am not here to criticise personal tastes - All beer is good.

So far I have made 2 pilsener's and a summer wheat beer. The summer wheat (Told it was Hoegaarden clone but this one mutated) goes down nicely - the guys could smell the bananna aromas instantly but did'nt seem to like it as much as I do. I was told by a friend to find a beer that I like because I obviously cant decide on what to make. First was a Coopers brewmaster Pilsener Kit and this next one is the basic Coopers Draught beer kit which I am keen to improve with extra hops and maybe some crystal malt, I don't know. If anybody has some suggestions for this next 'Supermarket' brew let me know by PM or through here.

Thanks

Hi everyone,
Just a quick reply here- as technically I am at work ;)
I used to brew tons back in the 80's-90's in NZ (I'm another of the kiwi invasion force taking over Aussie), but stopped to have a business and family and shit.
But my daughters (lovely girls that they are) bought me a Coopers starter kits from the Big W for Father's day this year and I haven't looked back.
Brewed 4-5 so far and biggest problems to date are:
1) keeping the stuff long enough to mature enough. Need to get a few brews ahead :(
2) Keeping my cool- Hell, Rotorua was perfect for brewing, even in summer. Brisbane is a bitch- even in winter it's too warm. Time to look for an old fridge/freezer or two (one for kegging one for brewing)
3) Information overload from the forums :) Ask any question and you can get 12 different opinions as answers, and 11 of them will be fine to go with.

My next project (tonight hopefully) will be the Brewcraft WitBier kit (imitation Hoegaarden apparently). Depends if i can find some fruit to use (mandarin or orange zest is a must I reckon)

Howdy all and happy brewing :icon_chickcheers:

It's amazing the amount of experience and length of time many so-called noobies often have. Welcome to the forum.

Also welcome to any new USA members. The thing about Australia is that, although it's about the size of the USA we are a lot more concentrated into a few cities than you are, we basically have 3 cities the size of Philadelphia greater Metro and a couple maybe the size of greater Pittsburgh surrounded by a very sparse sprinkling of small cities, mostly up the East Coast. So a lot of forum members are concentrated in compact areas and able to get together for brew days, club meetings and competitions. So if you move here you will eventually get a circle of real human friends you can put a name and face to. So then we'll know who you are :lol: :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

And could at least one of you move to Horsham. I am lonely :(

QUOTE (Ester Trub @ Oct 5 2009, 11:01 PM)
Steel Panthers sound better to me.

Pretty sure that sounds better to everyone.

Wouldn't they be the pant steelers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back