Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,
just thought id introduce myself.
been doing a bit of homebrewing with my brother for a couple of years. just got my own place so looking to kick off a few little projects of my own.
youll probably see me asking a lot more questions than what im answering. haha
cheers :icon_chickcheers:

Gday Everyone,

Time to introduce myself as I have been lurking on here since early september I think. I started off with a kit brew and followed the intstructions on the side of the can that came with my coopers home brew kit, as soon as I had that fermenting I jumped on the net and found this website. So after reading the info on here, I immediatly began to chill my fermenter down to a respectable temperature! From there I have experimented with different yeasts, kits, malts hops and am about to do an extract brew. I must say that after visiting beer belly today that I am pretty keen to get into AG brewing eventually, the ingredients are so much cheaper and it doesnt seem any where near as hard as what it seems. But a big thank you to all the people who put up their knowledge and experience on these boards as this website has been a great tool in developing my 'brewing skills and knowledge'. Every homebrew starter kit should come with a business card saying 'please visit www.aussiehomebrewer.com' for more information ;)

Callum

Hey guys, I'm Jim.
Found this site through my mate Barfridge, who I in turn met through our love of motorcycling.
Started off with a K&K, then a Heffeweise with some steeping grains, and last week put down an AG belgian with Barfridges help.
I live in Perth with my Mrs and baby, hope to meet a few more beer nerds, as I think the bug has bitten!

Not much to tell you all about. I am just a newbie who likes beer. Going to have a crack at making it.

Hi all,
Mick here, I have been brewing for about 6 years on and off with k&k so I thought it was about time to put a bit of a spin on my beers.
I am in Perth and as we are having weather that is all over the shop at the moment I am in the process of rigging an old fridge up with a fridgemate = more brewing time and it gets the missus off my back for brewing in the laundry.

Regards Mick

Welcome all.

Read, read, and keep reading. If you run into a problem with your brewing use the Search function (the google option is best) as no doubt your problem has come up umpteen times before. If you can't find any solutions then; feel free to make a topic in the right forum and undoubtedly someone will answer.

Hello - first time poster, long time lurker. Moved to Sydney a few months ago from London and am slowly finding my way around. Once I'm in a slightly bigger residence I hope to homebrew, but a one-bedroom flat with no garden is not really the place...

I've started a blog to record my experiences with Aussie beer and beer culture. If you're interested, the link is below. Looking forward to learning a lot from this forum. Cheers!

Hello - first time poster, long time lurker. Moved to Sydney a few months ago from London and am slowly finding my way around. Once I'm in a slightly bigger residence I hope to homebrew, but a one-bedroom flat with no garden is not really the place...

g'day pip welcome. trust me when i say you dont need a bigger place to brew in there are a fair few guys here who brew in one bedroom flats, sure you have to be a bit more creative with space but it can be done. have a bit of a search on BIAB (brew in a bag) as this is the first step in AG brewing space saveing imo. Good luck.

Hey guys,

I'm new here, though I've been reading much of the discussions on this forum for a week or so now. Some great info!!! So a big hello to everyone!! HEEEELLOOOOOOO.

Very soon I will have a go a installing a tap onto a fridge. Although I just need to find a fridge first.

Also, what is a good price to pay for a gas bottle and reg setup. A place in oakleigh, vic has a 6kg bottle and keg package for $299 though i'd still need to buy the reg and lines.

Happy brewing (and moreso drinking) all

G'day everyone,

My name's Eamonn, just started posting on this site. I've got my new AG BIAB setup in my new house, after poor results with extract+grain in a smaller place with no yard. Live in Maylands (Perth) and have got a batch of APA fermenting in my beer fridge with a fridgemate. Quite excited about it, and a bit anxious.

Cheers,

Foles.

Good to see a bunch of brewers from Perth on here. Remember to fill in your location (suburb) might be someone just round the corner, know it's helped me a lot in the past.
Also check out West Coast Brewers, link in my signature. A bunch of homebrewing enthusiasts that get together to discuss beer.

Welcome new guys. Pip you'll find there are many fellow Poms on the forum, I was born in Yorkshire, raised in Newcastle and later Cardiff and have been in Aus for half my life now. Was enjoying a pint of Youngs London Bitter a couple of days ago but mostly into brewing Australian style lagers and UK Bitters. Currently drinking a pint of Pennine Bitter made with UK Maris Otter malt and West Yorkshire Yeast.

Where abouts in Sydney are you?

Welcome new guys. Pip you'll find there are many fellow Poms on the forum, I was born in Yorkshire, raised in Newcastle and later Cardiff and have been in Aus for half my life now. Was enjoying a pint of Youngs London Bitter a couple of days ago but mostly into brewing Australian style lagers and UK Bitters. Currently drinking a pint of Pennine Bitter made with UK Maris Otter malt and West Yorkshire Yeast.

Where abouts in Sydney are you?

Youngs was my usual drink in London, where I lived for fifteen years. I grew up on Samuel Smith's, Holts and Boddingtons (when it used to be worth drinking) in and around Manchester.

I'm in Wollstonecraft, just to the left of North Sydney. Bit of a desert as far as good pubs go...

Hello Pip,

I used to live in Waverton , agree about the pub shortage. Try the bottle shop (off licence) near Waverton Station (in Bay Road). He
used to have some English beers in there.

Regards

Graeme

Hi all,
Jarrod from Melbourne here. Have been browsing the forums here for a while now and have been brewing for about 5 months. This website is fantastic and I have learnt so many great timesaving and process tips! Big thanks to all who contribute to everything on the site, it certainly helps the newbies like me to climb the ladder of making good beer so much quicker. I used to be just your average swill drinker, but after trying my brother's brews (AG), I jumped into HBing myself and now really enjoy the 'hobby' (wife reckons 'obsession!!) of making my own. About to try Dr Smurto's golden ale as a first AG beer, as have been doing partials last 3 brews and can really taste the difference. I hope that going from partials to AG will be as good as going from KnK to Partial! I even got a couple of guys at work converted into brewing their own after giving them a few samples too!! Just purchased some kegs and have got a spare fridge (other than my 'beer' fridge!) so the next projects will be to start kegging and then to make up a proper mash-tun and sparging unit / system. Just having a drool over some of the HERMS units on the net....... :super:

Again, thanks to all that lend their knowledge to the site.

Cheers!

Youngs was my usual drink in London, where I lived for fifteen years. I grew up on Samuel Smith's, Holts and Boddingtons (when it used to be worth drinking) in and around Manchester.

I'm in Wollstonecraft, just to the left of North Sydney. Bit of a desert as far as good pubs go...

Australia is a bit of a desert as far as pubs go mate. Pokie machines have done them in for a "social" experience as far as I can see.
I used to live in the UK, and there pubs are still worth going to. Not here really.

Cheers,
bud

Come to WA, damn the Pokies !

Hello Pip,

I used to live in Waverton , agree about the pub shortage. Try the bottle shop (off licence) near Waverton Station (in Bay Road). He
used to have some English beers in there.

Regards

Graeme

Thanks Graeme. Waverton's actually my nearest railway station (I live the other side of Brennan Park) and I've already found the bottle shop you mention! I've enjoyed the Murray's Pale Ale they carry. Not felt homesick enough to try the Boddingtons or Old Speckled Hen yet.

Australia is a bit of a desert as far as pubs go mate. Pokie machines have done them in for a "social" experience as far as I can see.
I used to live in the UK, and there pubs are still worth going to. Not here really.

Cheers,
bud

The one "local" pub I've been into which felt like an English pub was The Nags' Head in Glebe. Good beer from St Peter's Brewery too every first Monday of the month (why aren't I there now?). I must write up that place in due course.

Good beer from St Peter's Brewery too every first Monday of the month (why aren't I there now?).

Because it's the first Friday of the month?? :D

Cheers,
Bud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back