Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome all!

Great to see more Radelaideans popping up.

Welcome all!

Great to see more Radelaideans popping up.
Hi people,
My name is Scott,and i joined today......
Have done bugger all brewing over the last four or five years,but just recently decided to have another go at it.
the main reason is that i decided to open some brew from about 4 years ago,and they were absolutely sensational-shame they rarely get to that age...
Anyway,i look forward to learning from you-not much i've got to teach,other than patience,i guess,LOL!!!
Talk soon.
PS-i am still a kit boy,hoping to graduate one day.

Hi everyone,

My name is Phillip. I moved to adelaide around easter 2007. I have never brewed a beer in my life, my girlfriends dad brews me kit and kilo stuff for me. I like it because it is cheap, but I want to drink cheap great beer.

I have been doing a lot of research on brewing beer and have decided to delve straight into AG brewing (don't even try to stop me) - even though I live in an apartment :beerbang: .

I really like wheat beers, I experienced them when I used to live over in Germany - didn't even know what they were called in english (always knew them as hefeweizen or krystallweizen) :icon_cheers: .

Well I hope to learn a lot from you guys and hopefully contribute something once I get some experience up my sleave :icon_drunk: .

Well guys have a good one and keep on brewing!!! :icon_cheers:

I have been doing a lot of research on brewing beer and have decided to delve straight into AG brewing (don't even try to stop me) - even though I live in an apartment :beerbang: .

Welcome. Not trying to stop you but....
:icon_offtopic:
It's your money ralph and feel free to do whatever you want. IMHO its the wrong step as a lot of respected literature will attest. The reason being is that you risk not getting the basics right and could very well end up being 'hit and miss' with your results without understanding why. If you want to drink "cheap great beer", maybe AG isn't the best idea ;) .

But you seem pretty set so remember, the best beer is only made in the shiniest, most complex setup. A good rule of thumb is the more gadgets and gizmos, the better the beer <_<

G'day all,

Love the site- taking a while to get used to where everything is.

My name is Curt. I got a home brew kit as a present from the kids and SWMBO about 6 weeks ago and so far have been doing kits only (time and bugger-all experience being determining factors).

I masquerade as a chemist when at work and a keen cyclist when I'm not. 2 kids keep the wife and I busy with taxi duty between music lessons, sports practice, etc.

My first kit was an American Pale Ale (getting better every day), then an Australian Bitter (bottled a couple of weeks ago) and I have an Australian Old bubbling away over my shoulder as I type.

We've lived in the Blue Mountains or about 11 yrs and love every minute of it (except during bushfire days).

Thanks for all the info I've read so far and for the answers to my future questions.

Cheers,
Curt

If you want to drink "cheap great beer", maybe AG isn't the best idea ;) .

I'm never going to calculate the cost of the equipment into the beer!

For a 6 pack of beer from the good section at Dan Murphy's its roughly $15 - $20 - and with AG brewing I could brew same quality and a lot more quantity for under $50.

Granted my first beers aren't going to be that quality - but who's first brew was?

But you seem pretty set so remember, the best beer is only made in the shiniest, most complex setup. A good rule of thumb is the more gadgets and gizmos, the better the beer

I totally disagree with that....

I beleive the method in making beer might make a superior one! You dont need all the gizmos to make a great beer or your own best beer....

G'day all,

My name is Curt. I got a home brew kit as a present from the kids and SWMBO about 6 weeks ago and so far have been doing kits only (time and bugger-all experience being determining factors).

We've lived in the Blue Mountains or about 11 yrs and love every minute of it (except during bushfire days).

Thanks for all the info I've read so far and for the answers to my future questions.

Cheers,
Curt

Hello Curt,
Welcome .
I also live in the Blue Mountains at Mt Victoria. I have been all grain brewing for about 12 years.
Am happy to help in any way.
Do you know about Pat Casey at Absolute Homebrew at Faulconbridge?
Put your location into ypur profile. You may find other brewers close to you.

Regards

Graeme

I totally disagree with that....

I beleive the method in making beer might make a superior one! You dont need all the gizmos to make a great beer or your own best beer....

I think he was taking the piss...

Hey Guys,

My name is Brodie, been reading these forums for a little while now (2 months or so) and have finally made the plunge into buying a Kit, first batch will of course be the obligatory K&K mix they supply you with, but after that i am hopefully going to be moving to an AG mix before the year is out :)

Oh, i live in Townsville if there are any local's up this way who want to share some brew's :)

Cheers,
Brodie

Welcome Zyclone
get a brew fridge.
It gets rather steamy your way....

I stole a fridge of mum, so im thinking of just shoving some shanks in it, with a keg or two and ill be set..

I'm never going to calculate the cost of the equipment into the beer!

For a 6 pack of beer from the good section at Dan Murphy's its roughly $15 - $20 - and with AG brewing I could brew same quality and a lot more quantity for under $50.

Granted my first beers aren't going to be that quality - but who's first brew was?

Mine was :rolleyes:

I stole a fridge of mum, so im thinking of just shoving some shanks in it, with a keg or two and ill be set..

Welcome, the reference to a brew fridge was probably as a fridge to ferment it to keep temperature constant and not too warm.
Cheers

Hi All,

This topic seems to have had a lot of replies today so I may as well ditch my "lurker in residence" status and come out.

K&K all the way so far for me, for the last 9 mths, but I must be doing OK as I have to ration my mates who "drop in, just passing...etc" regularly!

I've got my 70lt stockpot on order, bag material ready for sewing by SWMBO, skyhook ready.

Burner...Hmmmm...decisions, decisions , but not that far away.

Unfortunately,here in Cairns the water (although of great quality), comes out of the tap at 23C in winter and 27C in summer and I have been unable to get fermenter temps below 23C even in winter( ambient at 20 -22 ). So... fermenter fridge in the next purchase before the great AG leap.

Cheers all growler

G'day

Jules - bush dweller in Underwood, NE Tas.

Kits and bits for past 18 months or so, although every brew seems to have a few more ingredients than the last. Went to a BBQ on the w'e and shared a few of the 'UnderStella' I made a few weeks back. Couple of folk there drinking factory Stella reckoned the homies were better. Anyone had any luck securing a spotters fee from their local HBS?!

Thanks for the support, info and advice - this site is a fantastic resource.

I reckon a Tassie case swap or similar would be a worthwhile venture...

Hi all,

I have been lurking around here for a little while now picking up some fantastic tips as I jump head first into the world of brewing.

At this stage of the game I have put down about 15 brews, mainly kits at first but now moving into extracts and partials as I build up the required gear. Of course my aim is to move into AG when the time is right...

This is a great forum and I hope to learn much more and also contribute as I improve! btw, I live in Sydney and happy now I am brewing ales again with the warmer weather upon us.

Paddo :icon_cheers:

Hi all!
My name's Greg.
I helped my father brew a few times when I was younger, then a couple of years ago I started doing my own can kits but got the bug to mess with them. My mother buying me a home brewing book didn't help!
So now I make stuff with extra malt extract and extra hops and so on.
I like stout, rich, and dark, and malty and with a good dose of extra hops for good kick!
I am going to make some wine soon, as well as ginger beer and try to extend my beer brewing to new heights of experimentation!

I am also rather into messing around with old cars and target shooting, for which I am the secretary of my club.
I work as a Draftsman in a shipyard drawing office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back