Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone
Just thought I would introduce myself.Can't believe I stumbled across this forum.I will tell you abit about myself.
I live at Hinton near Maitland (N.S.W) and have been brewing for about 4 years.I have a 500l fridge with 3 taps out of the door and rotate 10 19l kegs( i believe in ageing).I get all my supplys from Marks home brew shop in Newcastle,I love his malt+.
I want to update my set up with a bar and flooded font set up with 3 taps I have a games room now,I have not live in my house for long and have just purchased a pool table and the new bar would finish the room off.
Now that I have found this site I am keen to lern heaps more about brewing.
cheers Dano

Hey All

Just started getting into brewing about 4 months ago now. I started with a kit brew i got free with the fermenter and such for an extortionist price. I brewed it with a couple mates, and the very next week went out and baught all my own gear so i didn't have to share my beer!

Three more kit brews, and four partials later, I'v started collection equipment for my All-Grain home brewery.

So far I'v made:
K&K - Honey Ale (cascade pale ale with a whole jar of honey)
K&K - Pale Ale w/ dry hopped cascade
K&K - Coopers Dark Ale
K&K - 'Zest' Ale. My amateur version of an ale with coriander and orange zest. (Don't every try putting 2 whole orange peels into a 30min boil.)
Partial - American Pale Ale - The homebrew shop guy gave me a tin of amber malt for some reason, so its pretty much an AAA
Partial - IPA
Partial - Special Bitter
Partial - Porter.

Yes, I have around 8 cases or so of undrunk beer, some still needs some time to sit, others are just too undrinkable.

Now, about me.

I work full time at Dan Murphys. Not sure if anyone here is familiar with how the stores opperate, but every section is assigned a 'Champion' to look after it (orders, presentation, stock, etc). I am the 'Beer Champion' of my Dan Murphys. As a result of this, I had to sample every item we stock (painful i know) so i could give customers my opinion on beers and notes on taste, etc.

I also travelled Europe a couple of years back and found that Belgium was my cup of tea. After staying in Brugges for over a week, I tried at least 50 different beers in the world famous 't Brugs Beertje. I got some pics on a few of them. Not only was the beer amazing in this town, but the place itself was just unreal.

Anyway, thanks for ready and thanks for this wonderful site!

Cheers
Mayo.

What a cool freakin' job title - Beer Champion! :D

Welcome to the joint Mayo.
Cheers,
Jake

Hi all

Been lurking around for a long time reading the forum postings.

Returning to homebrewing after a break of nearly 40 years, which makes me an Old B and a Newbie.

Mainly into Kit & Extract brewing. Things have certainly changed what with all the kits now available plus fermenters.
Equipment back then was a 5 gallon plastic dustbin as primary fermenter, racked into a 5 gal plastic container fitted with an airlock (glass, use to blow them myself) and then into a 5 gal plastic cask or keg. Used priming sugar in the keg and then when serving beer used a Sparklets soda water bulb to maintain the pressure at about 7 psi.

Living in NW tassie which has a good climate for brewing although this last few days have been a little warm.

cheers

Ian

Hello!

I'm a super dooper newbie, have wanted to brew for years and never got around to it- so when I had the opportunity to buy a pile of bottles, and a cool as heck corker for a cheap as chips price- I decided it was the universe tellin' me it was time! I already make preserves, jams, dried foods (jerky, fruit, veg)...so making my own drinkage seemed kind of logical! And now that I'm in the SCA I've even more use to do it like it used to be done! And lots of interested parties when you say homemade beer/mead!

I'm going to have a go at making some mead, and also some beer for the DH. I'm thinking of mixing the two and making the Honey Ale just to be a smarty pants LOL!

I'm in Wollongong, NSW. I grew up here, moved when I was 25 to Perth, and have just come back to Wollongong- after 8 years. Fun fun!

I have only been here on this forum for barely half an hour, and I'm learning heaps already- so I'm glad to be here! I look forward to getting to know you all better :)

hi im critch i found this site by accident and thought i sign up!

ive been home brewing for 20 odd years and got into full grain about ten years ago

i currently run a pub in liverpool, but im just about to start a 10 barrel micro brewery near the city centre

(yes not only am i winging pommy, but im also a scouser .... :blink: )

any way greetings to one and all and happy brewing

ill post some of my favourite recipes here soon

Hi,
I also am a lurker, now new member.
I have just found this thread but I have also posted the below post in another thread because I didn't see a beginners section :unsure:

Hi,
I have begun home brewing and am enjoying it immensly.
I have only made the brews at "U Brew It" so far and when I am more confident I will tackle a REAL home brew here at home. So far I have made a Canadian Pilsener, Nut Brown Ale and something similar to Stella Artois. I used my own stubbies and the last batch I used cans which I didn't like at all so back to the bottles. I am also setting up a keg system. 18 litre kegs in a fridge running to a font (James Squire 2 tap copper kettle) with glycol lines so I will have 2 different brews. I will probably run 4 kegs at this stage. I am in the middle of getting my bar built, I have just had someone build me a frame and put a slab on which I am currently still sanding and varnishing. It is 3.2m x 2.3 m with a georgous Rose Gum slab. It is all in my shed. I would love to learn about hops so I hope to talk with some people here who are willing to share their knowledge. I am also going to have a bit of fun making my own beer labels so when my bar is finished I will post pics. I am aiming for it to be up and running in about 3 weeks :icon_chickcheers:
Cheers
fancy :p

P.S.
Just curious...
Are their any other female brewers around?

Antoher night owl? or early riser? heh heh welcome, you sound like you have quite a project in hand! um there are a few ( wont say plenty ) female brewers lurking around and if you fill in your location details im sure you could get more localised assistance from the clubs scattered around. the best way to get to know your hops is not reading about em! ;) take it easy..

Hey thought I'd introduce myself..

Gavin from Victoria / Bendigo... Just starting to get into brewing still on the baby kits.... Tried to brew some beer years ago with a mate but we didn't really read much and thought we'd just give it a bash.. three shocking brews later and one explosive shed we thought we'd give it up.. fast forward 4-5years i've got my hands on two fridges , tempmate, heater, two postmix kegs and fridge taps.. Now im back into brewing!! had been bottling my brews but then I thought screw that its to much work lets keg it.. I was lucky enough that my soon to be wife gave me a keg system as an engagment present (she'll regret that im sure) so now im just trying a few kits from my local brew shop to test my setup then i'll continue on and hopfully get into the good stuff......

just about to try a brewcraft asahi beer (love asahi) but i've heard mixed reviews so I hope im not to disapointed in the end product.. I'll set my fridge to 12c and let it go for three weeks.. with any luck it wont taste like some fruity crap..

love this forum ive learnt a lot from this and i hope i will learn alot more.

New kid here....

Based in the Barossa and brewing AG brews in the winery shed just out of Nuriootpa.

Finally got our converted keg system up and working and banged out an APA on the weekend with the help of my mate DiG from White Rabbit Brewery who was staying at my joint for the weekend.

Cheers

Brooksie

another total newbie here.

my names mat and im currently living just out of nowra nsw.
decided a few months ago that i wanted to have a go at home brew so ive been steadily collecting bottles for the past 6-7 months and finally got a kit (coopers home brew kit) a couple of weeks ago.

so far ive only bottled 1 brew but am still aging it (bottled it valentines day). was only a coopers kit and i just followed the instructions. after reading a bit on the net im not hoping for to much at all. lol

planning to move on from basic kits very soon and hope to get a keg setup going too as im already sick of bottles. lol

Welcome aboard Bozzy and to the wonderful world of brewing.

Take the kit instructions, in future, and use them to light the BBQ. Lots of far better info here and on this site.

Cheers
Gavo.

Hey Bozzy, welcome.

And what gavo says....... the kit can instructions are really off the mark for several points. Not to worry, it's your first batch - just don't be put off the hobby if it doesnt come out at tasty as you expect. There's always the next one, then the next one, then the next one....... :p

Enjoy the forums. There's a shitload of good info here and plenty of blokes (and a few sheilas :p ) only too happy to help.

thanks for the welcome. ill be happy if my first couple of batches are drinkable let alone tasty. haha

and hope to get a keg setup going too as im already sick of bottles. lol

Bottling is like getting home after a hard days work and the neighbours dogs are barking, you go inside and a moth flies into you face, so you sit down to relax and you notice the missus is in bed with your pet lama!!

Kegging is like getting home and a warm bath is run, fresh sheet are laid on your bed and there is sweedish twins waiting for you....

Well, thats how I see it!!

Bottling is like getting home after a hard days work and the neighbours dogs are barking, you go inside and a moth flies into you face, so you sit down to relax and you notice the missus is in bed with your pet lama!!

Kegging is like getting home and a warm bath is run, fresh sheet are laid on your bed and there is sweedish twins waiting for you....

say goodnight to the fermenters for me :ph34r:

wow. thats the most random thing ive read all year. :D think im going to enjoy my stay

wow. thats the most random thing ive read all year. :D think im going to enjoy my stay

Your obviously haven't read the butters and the chicken kitten airlock thread :lol:

and welcome to our little group

Hi everyone
Just thought I would introduce myself.Can't believe I stumbled across this forum.I will tell you abit about myself.
I live at Hinton near Maitland (N.S.W) and have been brewing for about 4 years.I have a 500l fridge with 3 taps out of the door and rotate 10 19l kegs( i believe in ageing).I get all my supplys from Marks home brew shop in Newcastle,I love his malt+.
I want to update my set up with a bar and flooded font set up with 3 taps I have a games room now,I have not live in my house for long and have just purchased a pool table and the new bar would finish the room off.
Now that I have found this site I am keen to lern heaps more about brewing.
cheers Dano

There are plenty of good brewers around Maitland way and you are sure to run in to plenty of forum members at Marks shop.

Hi all,

My name's Tim, have been helping a mate brew for a good year or so. He has a full grain setup with a keg fridge, and I've enjoyed making (and drinking) the fruits of our labor so much I decided to kit myself out for some extract brewing in the bottle. Looking forward to trying out some new types of beer. My mum's side of the family are from Newcastle in northern UK, and I'm fairly partial to a brown ale, but want to try out some lager styles as well.

Great forum, looking forward to some learned advice!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back