Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we love being stirred - gives us more reason to beat you guys :lol: Rugby League aside, which is a mug's game anyway, NSW hasn't beaten QLD in Super 12 Rugby Union ever. That's right - not once! And they call themselves the Birthplace of Rugby! :lol:

Cheers - Snow

O.K. Snow never mind rugby league for now, What happenad to the Lions?,[ HOw I love you my dear old swannies] .

Now now Snow,

As a confirmed follower of the 'mugs game' I can't let you off that lightly. Even your Premier seems to define the state of Qld's happiness and self worth by how your lot go in the SOO. And now lets see, I think this year was a victory for the evil NSW! So bad you Qlders are trying to erase it from your memory. As for the Rah Rah, well, we have to have somewhere for our superannuated leaguies to go. It really is a high paying maximum comfort retirement farm. Cut your work rate in half and double your paycheque! Outstanding :D

Is there a sarcasm/irony button on this thing? Sorry Snow, love the Wobblies but can't get too excited by the Super 12. Had to bite over the 'mugs game' reference though ;) And who are the Lions?

Shawn.

They are last years premiers who got thrashed by the swans last week Shawn, sorry also drubbed as well as thrashed.
ps,oh by the way the state of Qlds happiness suffers badly when they lose a S.O.O ,I have to put up with the whinging for bloody weeks, you should hear the talk back radio the morning after a loss up here , gees its sad, its bad enough to make me listen to tripple J ...[Yeh they get tripple J up here]

oooohh...reaction! :p Don't worry, Gough - 'twas all in jest! Go the Broncos!!

Snow said:
oooohh...reaction! :p Don't worry, Gough - 'twas all in jest! Go the Broncos!!
Yeah Snow I'm always good for a bite where the footy is concerned. Stops me thinking about work... same reason I brew really :) Hopefully I'll get a Knights/Wobblies double up on Saturday night. Might see the TAB. Wonder what the odds are? The way the Knights are going at the moment I could probably make a fortune if they both got up :D

Shawn.

Shawn
The Knights HAVE to get up this weekend, cause a) they're playing for their bloody season, and B), I have a raiders fan staying with me at the moment, and its gonna feel so damn good to give him stick over it, and I will never hear the end of it if we lose. I hope ya make ya fortune this weekend mate, go the mighty knights!
Trent

I'am another Jason, in IT (wage slave) in North Sydney. Started brewing in 92 after Dad stopped dropping his homebrew around. Brewed kits and kilos with extra hops and malt extract for a few years. With two fermenters on the constaint go, the flatemates had no trouble exhausting supplies. Stopped brewing for long time, started again about 6 months ago. Started again with a few kits and grain with extra hops. Starting reading on the internet and dropped the kits for partial mash/extract, but that is expensive. It's hard to find liquid malt, and not the $10 per kilo canned stuff. Got to see a lot of Sydney looking for extract, finally went to a AG brew day at ESH in Ranwick with Leon. Leon's brews are exceptional, one taste and I knew I had no other option. Drinking a drop of my first AG beer now (I doubt it's a competition winner, at three weeks in the bottle, it's won my heart ) :chug: :chug: :chug:

Excellent forum, Dane has done a great job.
Have learnt a lot from this site and have lots to learn.

Welcome Jleske

Good to have you abroad...

"plug" when u want to get into kegging - just pm me" end of plug ... :D

Hi Everyone,

I'm Joe, live in Brisbane, been brewing for about 6 months now. Iv'e been hangin around this site for ages now, leeching info off you guys and converting it into not so great brews.

Ive done three real crappy k'n'k brews that mostly went down the sink, although I think thats mainly due to the fact I had no idea what real beer was meant to taste like. I was pretty disenheartened by this point but then me and a mate ripped off pr1mes black death cider (thanks) which came out at a whopping 10% and while it was barely drinkable we took it on a very boozy camping trip and it was an awesome success.

Since then I've done another two slightly modified ciders (when your onto a good thing...) which'll be ready for riverfire this saturday (yay) and two more k'n'ks in secondary a nut brown ale, and a dutch lager.

The costs are racking up, and the beers gettin better, so I thought it's about time to introduce myself so when i ask some questions there arnt too many "whoa who's this newby" thoughts.

Cheers everyone,
Look forward to meeting some Brisbane brewers,

Joe

Cheers Joe,
I know plenty of people who do K&K's , I would not say the brews are undrinkable , in fact better than some megga swills.
Meet up with the Brizzy mob , that's the best way to get some good advise , catch up with you in Qld. next year.

Batz

Hi,

I've been brewing since March this year, after I found out I don't have to clean bottles....kegs are the best inventions for lazy blokes like me! Tried it (unsuccessfully) about 18 years ago, well before the support and options that are available now. What a difference!

I'm in Sydney's Hills District, alythough I originally come from SA (I still remember the 'Coopers Stout and Lemonade, it's a portergaff you see' adds on TV and radio), sad hey?

I'm a kit brewer, but am experimenting with various LME's and am tentatively venturing into liquid yeasts. Don't know if I have the time or inclination to go into AG.

Ah....life without beer is like......damn it, it's not life at all!

welcome to the site chucky.im sure you will enjoy it and the info given.

cheers
big d

Hi All,

Looks like there are a few Jason's round the place, and I'm another one.

I started brewing about 3-4 months ago and have had okay sucess. My brews have been drinkable but not as nice as other home brew's i've tasted. But I recon i've got that fixed now!

My main motivation was to save money, but once I started i'm kicking myself for not having started sooner! all the options and flavours you can make. I like how it's totally customisable to your own taste, and it's fun! I love the process, finally a hobby that gives back :D

I live just south of brisbane and would like to meet a few other guys round the place if anything is happening.

Cheers,

Jase

Hi all,
been brewing k&k since 97 couple a months ago tasted a few all grain brews.
That made me think about grain brews and have just started to get all the pots etc to start my first all grain. I think I will do my first brew in the next couple of weeks,
I started my son on kits and now he has converted my to all grain.

GO THE POWER

Welcome Ian to this forum hope all goes well with your first all grain and dont be afraid to ask lots of questions

GO THE POWER

Welcome to the site iand,

Anyone supporting the POWER will be good for AHB and good luck with your AG equipment.

Hi gybrid,

A big welcome to you too.
I dont go much on your local AFL team ( especially if they beat the POWER) but you sounds as tho you are getting right into brewing.
Once you are "bitten" by the grain bug there is no turning back so be careful.

Cheers to you both

Welcome guys

gybird , I am moving to the Sunshine coast next year , when settled I hope to get all the Qld. guys over for an AG brew day

Some SA guys have promised to be there as well

:chug: :chug:

Hey Batz, What part of the sunshine coast you movin to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back