Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your in Eumundi I will be dangerously close to you :blink:

Just up the road to the north a bit , in the hinterlands

Look foward to having a beer or two Batz, we have a good micro brewery at Eumundi and good looking women with a good sense of humour.
P.S. we also have a good nude beach for a good perve at Noosa, mate youre moving to Gods country.

Ummm, Show and Tell, eh?

was given a Coopers kit and some bits and pieces mid '99, put them away, homebrewschmomebrew, didn't do anything with it, talked to someone, HB 10c a stubbie. THAT got my attention! So off to HBS I go, purchase starter kit, yadda yadda.

Three "brews" later, yawning as I poured in one more can of syrup and ripped open one more bag of dextrose. Looked for better ways, tried an extract batch of Theakstons Old Peculier, dreadful. Found my way to partial mash, did that for a year, bought a Rubbermaid-cooler type mashtun and moved on to all grain.

Liked the brewing thaty much, I bought, err, set up a brewshop, Adelaide's best!

That's me!

Jovial Monk

Boots, think you will find my Packs more interesting and will give better beer at the end.

More extract, grain that is steeped not boiled and an hour boil for some with up to three additions. Our "Seattle Dark Beer" that is all extract, no kit, is probably the best Pack in Australia, thanks to a great recipe (not mine)

JM

looks like ya can keep ya clothes off batz.ya moving to the nudist beer drinking capital of australia ya lucky thing ;) :lol: :D hahaha

ohh and a big welcome to all the new forum members.

big d said:
looks like ya can keep ya clothes off batz.ya moving to the nudist beer drinking capital of australia ya lucky thing ;) :lol: :D hahaha
Hey Batz, forgot to mention there is a bit of a down side to Australias nudist beer drinking capital, we get the participants of the Sydney gay mardi gras up here for 2 weeks after the event for R&R , no perving at the nude beach for 2 weeks mate.

g'day and welcome gybrid and iand

cheers

Hmmmmm I have put small whole chillies in few bottles Apple Butter Cyser

there is some heat, and the chillied bottles I drank were 2 yo, but still no excessive heat frm the chillies.

Live a little, smole whole chillies in bottles of wheat beer are wonderfull!

And chili is good for you, absoluely loaded with anti-oxidants!

Ring of Fire

Greetings Gents...and ladies...

Married, 1 ruggie.., IT guy from Melb.

1st Post....New to Brewing....... Started with standard Coopers kit recently and just bottled my 1st lager yesterday . Going OK thus far ..

Ive just finished making a Coopers Draught and its in the fermentor.....hopefully fermenting soon... :D

Great Forum......MUCH to learn but it all takes time...

Cheers

Davo

Hi Daring Dave,

Welcome to the site and the world of craft brewing.

Strap yourself in real tight and hang on as this will probably be the fastest learning curve that you will ever experience.

Cheers

GDay Dave welcome aboard.

Yet another IT person :p No doubt proof that computers drive you to drink. Plenty of other IT ppl on this forum (you will probably run across the 'what do you do for a living' thread if you loo)

welcome aboard daring dave.
sit back and enjoy

cheers
big d

yeah Welcome aboard Daring Dave,
You have come to the right place to learn all about it.

cheers

G'day, I've been lurkin' around for a few weeks and i've learned heaps in that time. I'm only just getting back into brewing after a few years hiatus.

I pretty much stumbled upon this site ... after stumbling upon Grumpy's forum and finding a link in someone's post.

I do a fair bit of stumbling now that i'm brewing again :p

So, the vital stats are:

-i'm a chalkie
-live in hot and sunny Central Qld
-brew kits - i like the ESB 3kg 'cause its easy
-starting to think about extracts -not the done thing around these parts
-keg fridge ...and freezer convert on the way
-love my wife and three girls, my keg system, AHB and ebay

Got to thank all for the info I read about fire extinguishers for kegging. I have my own now, second regulator, beer gun ...and fishing trips will never be the same again :chug:

jimmy

Welcome aboard Jimmy. Taking a keg on a fishing trip sounds like a great idea! At least there'll be no more cans floating around the boat...

Keep reading up on this forum and eventually you'll have converted all your brew buddies in Central Qld to extract boils, then partial mashes, then full mashes....it's a slippery slope...but fun!

Cheers - Snow.

Welcome from the batz too Jimmy

ok, tis me..

been brewing now for a few years, still on the pre mixed 'cans', im a bit lazy for all that other stuff, one of these days ill learn.. have the dual keg/tap setup on the old fridge, still striving for the perfect head..

spend most of my time with my VW's, the things are breeding in the backyard..

10_7_1.gif

hi and welcome jimmy and warb

cheers

warb said:
still striving for the perfect head..
You too?

Welcme anyway :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back