Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a big welcome to both thomas and mrs ozdevil.

big d

Gday all,suppose Ille be tter introduce myself,Im Tallgum [Guy],you will have to excuse me as Im new at all of this, only been brewing about 18 months and have only had a computer for about 5 months[also very shy].
Im originally from Sydney and made the sea change 2 years ago on a couple of acres about 15 km from Noosa[QLD] near a little place called Eumundi.
Now Eumundi [pronounced U-mun-dee] has a bit of a reputation for brewing as a good micro brewary operated here up until a few years ago and was bought out by the xxxx brewary,it still makes Eumundi lager and distributes it mainly around the sunshine coast ,unfortunatly it is now just another commercial beer, a new micro started up at the old butter factory a couple of years ago and is making bloody good beer, it won a gold medal for a porter at the recent Australasian international beer awards, unfortunetly it is having a few legal and financial problems at present and is temporary closed, we have been told it will open again very shortly, so if youre driving north from Brisbane take the Noosa/Eumundi off ramp and stop for a good beer at the butter factory.
Now me, I have worked in the liquor industry for about 25 years,mainly in wine and at present work at a little pub on the retail side,[bottle shop],I started brewing Coopers and sugar [yuk] and then found a good brew shop at Nambour,I now brew mainly heritage lager with liquid malt and play around with different hop pallets ,not bad results very drinkable but have plans to go full mash and keg over the next couple of years,I love this and Grumpys site as I am learning a lot and enjoy a good laugh at some of the posts, well thats me.
P .S. the first thread on this subject was started by a bloke called spanner, thats my wifes nickname,I call her spanner because she tightens my nuts. :p
Water, never touch the stuff, fish f--- in it, W.C. Fields

Welcome Tallgum,
Good to have you aboard.
Sounds like it wont be long and the Grain bug will 'bite'.
Its a shame about the micro at Eumundi I have had a few good beers there, over the years, when it was open.
We used to go to Noosa for holidays when I was an employee and got paid holidays. (Self employed now )
Enjoy your brewing and the forum
Cheers

Welcome to the site Tallgum.

cheers

Gday all
Good to be able to read alot of these posts and get an idea of who is where and what they are into, all that sorta stuff. Helps put a personality to the name. Anyway, my name is Trent, and I live in Forster, NSW. Been brewing for about 8 or 9 months, started out on k+k and then moved onto extract, trying to copy some of the beers I used to drink in the few years I lived overseas. I discovered a good home brew shop in Newcastle (where I grew up) and the guy there put me onto Grumpy's, where I learned a hell of alot very quickly. Started into partial mashes, then, with the neverending patience of Bonk and also Justin, they explained to me how to do full mashes and that it is fine to do it in 5-10L batches. It only took about 20 questions before I finally understood what they were telling me (slow learner apparently) and then I did my first all grain using one of Bonks recipes that he posted for me. The taste quality difference was amazing, and it isnt that much harder than extract brewing, so now the only beers that I will make that isnt ag is the coopers sparkling kit (for visitors and me when I have guests) so I will always have ag beers fo meself to drink. I have just started work as a storman and blind installer at a carpet shop locally, and try to surf every day. I am living with my Canadian girlfriend Lara, and we are getting married next year in Canada (though I havent officially asked her yet). No kids, so we have plenty of time to just chill out and enjoy the surroundings, we are saving up for a block of land, though the recent housing boom put us behind the 8 ball! 28 in body, 21 in the head, and loving life. I seem to write extra long posts for very simple questions, also, but that is just me, I guess. Stoked to be able to read opinions and advice from so many knowledgable brewers, so thanks for helping me make (IMO) great beer.
Trent

Welcome to the madhouse Trent.

cheers

Been lurking around this and other HB forums a while, and could probably post in about 3-4 posts today, but here seems as good a place as any Im Ant, a Freo boy in West Oz, an Enviro Scientist working in the oil and gas sector and Im getting married at the end of the year; wish Id known about that diamond supplier Doc suggested before I popped the question.

Been brewing a few years now, progressing from K+K to extract to partial, currently acquiring gear and knowledge for the AG phase. Have really enjoyed the openness of this forum certainly plenty of people who know what theyre on about. SWMBO (after seven-odd years, I might as well be married) is mildly supportive, but isnt keen on the time demands a passion for beer entails (Im currently trying to get ahead of myself with brews, so I can always have a couple in the keg, a couple CCing and one on the go/secondary at all times). She does like the beer though, so theres a saving grace

Anyway, looking forward to learning more and sharing ideas.

Ant

welcome aboard ant and any other new members ive probably missed.
there is quite a few perth brewers on this forum ant so you can expect hopefully some good get togethers with the perth lads.

cheers
big d

Hi Ant - great to see more West Aussies on board

Cheers - if I had been around, I would have probably posted earlier and invited myself along to the last Perth do! Glad to see we're up there in the numbers, although twould appear second to SA... for now.

Welcome to Trent and Ant.
I'm sure you will continue to enjoy the site and good luck with your brewing,
Cheers

Stay posted Ant et al. I can feel a Perth get together approaching - maybe in Spring?

G'day All,

Just registered with you tonight. I come from Caloundra in Queensland & I've been brewing since '96 (mostly from cans with extra stuff thrown in) with varied results. Looking forward to learning from you all & sharing the little knowledge I've aquired. It's now half an hour after midnight & I'm going to bed. Catch up with you later.

Welcome aboard Trent, ant,Tidalpete and everyone else.
Good to see another QLDer here ;)
This is a great site to learn from other peoples mistakes before you make them :p
I'm sure you'll all learn something.
Hoops

Tidalpete,
Pleased you took my advice and have joined up here. Whatever it is you need to help with your brewing, there is likely someone on this list with the answers.

dreamboat

G'day Hoopsunitedbrewery & Dreamboat,

Many thanks for your welcome. Remember what the 'Senator' (the late Ron McAuliffe) said after we won the first State of Origin ----
'It's hard to be humble when you're a Queenslander'.
Angel.gif

Tidalpete said:
G'day Hoopsunitedbrewery & Dreamboat,

Many thanks for your welcome. Remember what the 'Senator' (the late Ron McAuliffe) said after we won the first State of Origin ----
'It's hard to be humble when you're a Queenslander'.
Angel.gif
Yeh Hoops, but its very hard to keep a straight face when you have referee "the grasshopper" Barry Goomersall on your side for so many wins.
N.S.W. played against 14 men. {This il stir the shit} :D

Thanks for the welcomes guys
Love reading all the info and opinions on the site. Speaking of opinions, i have to agree with tallgum about the grasshopper. Are you an ex NSWelshman, Tallgum? But now the grasshopper is gone, weve got no excuses :unsure: Go the blues!
Trent

Yeh Trent, grew up and lived in Sydney most of my life, lived in Qld for 3 years in the early 80s and moved back up here 2 years ago, love the place but aslo love stirren the shit out of these canetoads, they are so paroxial ,really mate they have a huge chip on their shoulder, they are 1hr behind at daylight saving but truth be known they are 2 years behind the rest of australia. Dont get me wrong this is gods country ,{Noosa]. But as I said, I love stirrin these bananabenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back