Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Dave I hope you enjoy your stay it sound like you have got a bit of experiance you may be able to share with us all.

Cheers Bigfella

Thanks Bigfella, yeah lots of experience and so much to learn. But aint it fun doing it!

Penolabrewer

Nice area to live in....

Furthest south i usually get is Goolwa.
Been to mount Gambia 11years ago via the Coorong.

Welcome Aboard...

Hi penola brewer,
Have you visited the micro brewery you have in town?
They sure make damn fine beer.

Jayse

Hi from accoss the ditch
JT here in Wellington, New Zealand. I've been browsing here for week or two and only just found this topic.

I've found a stack of good info here - and had a few laughs - thanks guys

I've been brewing kits for about 15 years now and reckon I've just put down batch number 450.
I've got two favourite brews,
Coopers lager brewed to 18 litres with 300g dextrose - reasonable flavour and you can drink it all night.
The other is Muntons Scottish Export, again 18 litres but with 1kg LME and 600g dextrose - bottle age for 3 months for a smooooth tasty beer

I got here looking for tips on carbonating kegs. Just got the first of two taps on the fridge door Monday night and as someone else said, beer just seems to evaporate once the keg's connected !

Just tried cold conditioning a brew, with excellent results - why didn't I discover this years ago ?

Anyway - time I got back to work
Happy brewing - JT!

Welcome to AHB JT.

A Kiwi hey? I can tell we'll be posting some colourful messages come the tri nations.

Thanks Wax, looking forward to the season
Now then, what've you got brewing at the moment ?

Hello JT and howdy there Jayse,

Yep have been to the micro-brewery in penola of course, it's only a small town. Simon the brewer and I are about the only all grainers in the town (but we are working on it). Think the brewery might be closed just for the moment.

Jayse I used your excellent paper on this site when I started my all grain brewing, thanks a lot, good stuff.

Welcome guys....

Enjoy

Hi there to Penola brewer and JT from NZ,
Good to have you aboard guys.
Its along way to Adelaide for you Penola Dave about the same as me but it's a lot further for you JT.
Oh well! you never know, some of us might get to cross the Tazman one day.
Cheers

Welcome JT and Penola.

In fact I'll be in Wellington tomorrow.
But out again to the mainland (South Island) almost as quickly :)
Although I did live in Wellington for 7 years.

I hope you are getting along to BrewNZ JT ?

Welcome aboard.

Doc

Welcome Jaytee
Although I now live in Perth I am a Wellingtonian (well I was born in Upper Hutt but its close enough, went to Vic etc). I yearn for the days when temp control was about heating the fermenter, not cooling it. Hurricanes didnt do so well this year. Got tickets for SA v Australia in Perth for the tri nations, only international game we are getting this year.

Seems we have a swag of ex-pat Kiwis brewing in Oz - good on ya
I've been accross the ditch a few times, Sydney, Melbourne (love those trams) and the Gold & Sunshine Coasts, might even get back again one day.

Dicko, anyone heading Wellington way is invited in for a beer

Doc, I've got 3 brews in the BrewNZ competition, had to get them together at short notice. Had a 1st & some 2nds in local Wellington comps, but suspect the standard will be much higher here
Draught which is the Muntons Traditional Bitter, 18L, 300g dextrose and cc'd - which smooted it right out, good fine bubbles and head after a month in the bottle
Strong Ale - the Muntons Smugglers Ale
Scottish heavy - used the fav recipe and aged 18months
Let you know if I get a place, otherwise I'll be noticeably quiet

Guest Lurker, did you see our game against the Crusaders, think the Brumbies must've studied that game closely because they hit the Crusaders with the same game. We get the 1st of the Bledisloe games on July 17th, have season tickets, will be straight home after the game to pour some celebratory beers

But anyway - better stick to the beer talk on a beer forum ?

G'day,
Andrew here.
I'm on the South Coast of S.A.
I've been ghosting this site as a guest for ages now, so I thought it was time I indroduced meself.
I've been brewing for about 16 years now, on and off as jobs permit, and have decided to go down the All Grain Kegging path, so I hope you fellas don't mind a few questions... :D
Cheers

Hi too the new members , ask questions?
That's what this site is about

Cheers Batz

Testing... testing...
Jeez, all this signature and avatar stuff is taking me a while to get used to. :unsure:

Yours fits in well

Welcome Andrew,
Ah! another all grainer, good on ya mate, way to go.
Just ask the questions and get some good guidance from the members!
Cheers

Welcome Andrew...

My dad lives down at Goolwa Beach.

We might be able to catch up when i am down that way next and swap/taste some beers...

Thanks guys.

No worries GMK, but it will be a while untill I get all my AG gear together and actually start. I'm focussing ALL my free time on building this as quickly as possible and not bothering with any K&K or partial in the meantime... no pain no gain I suppose.. Speaking of which, I want to build it in SS as much as possible so I will be up in the Barossa Valley quite a bit as my wife has rellies in the winery business there that I can get some cheap bits from so I may have to drop in around myself and say Gidday!

Hopefully it will be good to put some names to faces at the Wyeast do at Grumpies in a few weeks?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back