Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all, :)

Think I've been a bit of a rude bugger and haven't introduced myself properly yet. Name's Warren and I've been brewing for about 7 years now (all grain). I'm located in the Northern subs. of Melbourne. I've already put a post on the equipment section showing my serving fridge.

I also post occasionly on Oz CB I dare say a few of you do as well.

Look forward to talking to you all over time. Seem like a pretty friendly bunch of beer-heads. :chug:

This list rocks -
Warren -

Some of you probably know me from Grumpys but this is my first real go in AHB. Its a great site :) I have been looking on for a couple of months and thought i would join in :D
Bit like walking into a pub that you have never been to and you think everyone is looking at you and saying.... who is that, bloody tourist :p

anyway, i live in tamworth NSW and am currently moving from partials to the full mash glory that is beer.

having almost as much fun getting all the gear together :rolleyes:

any way hi and cheers :)

tony welcome good to see u we have a section caled introduce yourself so u could post this one on that page or post mo could move it

Tamworth, Tamworth, no-one lives in Tamworth.................................................

unless they got a press stud shirt and cowboy boots :p

Welcome along Tony, good to have you on this buckin' bronco!

C&B
TDA

Jazman said:
tony welcome good to see u we have a section caled introduce yourself so u could post this one on that page or post mo could move it
Post mo? Who's that? Call me PostModern or PoMo or Rob, but never Post mo!

Anyway, welcome, tony. This is the introduction thread, where all n00bs introduce themselves to the rapidly growing AHB community.

If you have any questions about the forums, send me (self-proclaimed Forum Nazi), jayse (hard core masher), Doc (Purveyer of Fine Amber Coloured Refreshments) or fiscus (AHB's founder) a Personal Message and we'll be glad to help.

AHB is a nice community. Play nice, post in the appropriate forum and OBEY ZE RULES and we'll all get along just fine. ;) :)

Sort of scarey isn't he Tony ? :unsure: :blink:

Welcome anyway

Batz

I realised I've been a rude mofo and not introduced myself.

I'm located in Adelaide, though I hail from the Riverland. Wasn't born there though, God bless.

I'm one of those lowly student types. Homebrewing was invented for us, since all we ever do is drink and have no money. I study Food Technology at Adelaide Uni. So far it's netted me a visit to Coopers Brewery as part of a Food Micro research project and a month's work experience in the lab at Cascade. It's yet to net me that all-important piece of paper, though I'm getting there slowly.

I started brewing around two years ago when I remembered that my sister had an unused Coopers kit lying around, from a Christmas God knows how many years ago. I started brewing with the help of my cousin, and it's been a downhill slide ever since. I'm yet to get into mashing, but it's right up there on the agenda. Along with passing uni.

Anyway, I am pleased to make all of your acquaintances.

Guess i should introduce myself...
Names John. Live in Brisvegas in Bardon. I've just gotten back into home brew after giving it up 10 years ago when i finally got old enough to buy grog legally. It was a real shock - I was used to the old can + 1KG sugar, so even when i bought my first "brew enhancer" i was spun out, both at the changes in the art, and the resulting beer quality.

Think i'll stick with the extract brewing for a little while as i don't actually have anywhere to mash - it's hard enough keeping just the fermenter clean in my place as my really old rental house backs onto the bush and everything gets covered in crap within 30secs of cleaning it.

John

g'day and welcome jgriffin.

cheers

hi jgriffin, welcome to the mad house :)

I used to live in Bardon, lovely part of Brissie, and so close to the city and everything else. Only downside is all the bloody hills

Hi fellas, I'm Thomas, I used to brew at home, now only at work. I keep threatening to get my 2-tier together using the Sicce Idra pump, any year now...

I'll try and get familiar with this layout, this site seems to be very comprehensive.

Hope to have some interesting brewing technique banter, tdh.

Hi Thomas,

Nice to see you here.

Steve

Hi GT

Glad you can make it over.....

hello All

I thought i would join this community of brewers just to keep you lads in line specially that man of mine ozdevil :lol: ;) :p ....

I am not really into brewing beer but i do occasionly brew a oztop from time to time...

Mrs Ozdevil

Hi Mrs Ozdevil and Hi Thomas,
Welcome to the AHB, good to see another female on the forum, your presence should help to keep us all in line, particularly that Thomas character.
I've heard that if you go to his place of work he tries to tempt you with beers of extraordinary good taste and style, and he also makes a pretty mean pizza.
Cheers to you both,

Hello and welcome tdh and Mrs Ozdevil.

cheers

Hi mrs Oz.....

welcome aboard - now if only i can get you to talk to my wife about joining and helping - it would be good. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back