Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I've been a member of this forum for a couple of weeks and have already posted a few items but I thought I should introduce myself.
My name is Matt Omond and I live in Melbourne. I started brewing about 8 years ago but got bored with bottling and stinking out the flat. So I gave it up. I have been renovating a house for the last two years and it is near the end, I was wondering what to do with myself when the renovations were finished, until I went to a party and a bloke turned up with a keg of home brew... It was love at first sight. So it was time to beg the wife and surprise surprise she came good she decided I needed a hobby to keep me normal. So out I went and brought a keg system. Then a needed to get a fridge, so I got a freezer and converted it. so the spending continues. I would like to get into AG but I don't know where to start. I got the palmer book and it has been a great help but I have so much to learn. You guys have so much to offer. Thanks !!!!!!!!

Bigfella

G'day and welcome Bigfella.
I'm sure everyone here will give you all the ideas and help you need about AG.
I'm nowhere near AG yet but i'll get there one day.

cheers

Welcome Bigfella

Another Mexican - should make Johno happy! :D :lol:

si, si, senor.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

welcome to the brewhaus bigfella.

cheers
big d

Hi BigFella, its good to see another Melbournite has joined B)

Been around here for a while, but never formally said hello. So, here goes. Sorry if some of you have heard some of before, somewhere else! And if it goes on a bit - well I am a Scot, and we are loqacious bastards!

Basically I'm a kits and bits brewer. Started again about a year ago after an 18 year hiatus. Back then I was strictly K&K, though I did have a primitive British keg system. Warm beer, no refrigeration, on tap, student digs, heaven!

Then I started over again, thanks to the significant other giving me a Coopers kit for Xmas. Poor thing thought it might actually save money! Straight K&Ks were fizzy, wet, alcoholic and better than water. And like Deebee said somewhere else, "they got cold when you put them in the fridge". Those were the days - one fridge, not four!

Then I discovered Grumpys and the internet. Not sure which was first. But, Grumpy's master and extrabrews improved my humble efforts out of sight. As did simple changes like racking, secondary and then cold conditioning, bulk priming. Phorums like this are invaluable too.

Now I use kits and bits packs from Grumpys, Goliath's and Jovial Monk (I am that rare breed, an ecumenical Adelaide brewer). I get kits and bugger them about with serial hop additions, liquid yeasts and steeped speciality grains. Now I'm venturing into all extract and specialty grain recipes and stove top mini mashes. It's a long life, no need to rush.

When I started again, friends and family would politely accept a glass of homebrew to begin with. Then, they would ask if I still had any Coopers in the fridge. Now the same friends and family ask what I've brewed recently, and take that even when I do offer them a Coopers.

I'm high up on the list of world's most inept home handy men (the Frank Spencer of home brewing?), so the all grain adventure seems pretty far off and fantastical at the moment. But you guys do get me all enthused, sometimes. Looking forward to seeing how things are done when Batz gets to town.

That's enough.

Awrabest, slainte!

Wee Stu

Wee stu ,

You write with an accent !

:blink:

Welcome and c u in Adelaide

cannae help the accent Batz, ma mammie wiz frae Lithuania! (strange, but true!)

Hello Wee Stu

Another Adelaideon...who would think.

The Adelaide Homebrew session at the Barossa is looking promising...

Hi my just found this site yesterday and have allready learnt a heap but still trying to digest it all, i am a newbi at brewing with only a few flat brews in my guts( It was cold and wet so what the hell)with room for a lot of improvement .

Great site,
Thanks shadow

wee stu said:
ma mammie wiz frae Lithuania!
Och, stu! Mine too! Ma pa as well 'n' all!

Do you know any Lithuanian at all?

Sorry PM, that part of my heritage was never really passed down to me.

Mum was actually born in Germany to Lithuanian parents, and came to Scotland after the war - never talked too much about the past, reckon she had a pretty rough time.

Just let me know occassionally I wasn't 100% Scot. And gave me a taste for some pretty fine food, and beer. :chug: :chug: :chug:

Hi to all,
I have been on this forum since January and have been posting on the Grumpys site for quite some time and I have found both sites invaluable in my transition from K&K to grain brewing.
I am about a 50's model I think and my first attempt at brewing was in 1969
( before Coopers tins ) with liquid malt from a health shop, some hop flowers, and a scoop of bakers yeast, but lets not go there.
I am passionate about brewing and even more so since other passions from within are slowly fading, but lts not go there either.
My only claim to fame is that I am a 6th generation Aussie and I love my beer hence the name B B B.
I had the fortune recently to spend a brew day with Jayse and his brother Randy and I am looking forward to the Adelaide Brewing Bonanza that is taking place to co-incide with Batz's visit.
I am currently getting all the gear together to build my "brew tree" or similar and if I can learn how to post pictures from my new digital camera on this site I will update the progress as I go.
I would like to thank all who have helped me with my transition to grain and look forward to meeting with you if at all possible.

G'day BBB.
Top site here alright. Grumps as well.
Im looking to make the move to Ag as well. I only brew k+k's at the moment.
Good luck in your future endeavours.

cheers

BBB,
Your in the same age bracket as big d and me , the wise bracket !

that all depends Batz on your Used By Date :lol: :lol:

Johnno,
Go for it mate!
Just did my first AG this weekend. took a long cause I am not set up properly but I got there.

Batz,
I don't know about "wise", maybe in my case it is " should know better".

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back