Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
My name is Matt, and I live in Lalor Park in NSW. I am 28 years old and have a (very patient) wife I love very much, two dogs and a mortgage.

I am a java programmer working for a company that creates medical software for triage entry and Operating Theatres/Emergency Department management.

This is actually my second sting at homebrew and am up to my 5th batch. Couldn't really say what styles they have been other than a floppy sort of cerveca that was meant to be a corona clone (ya, right) , a pilsner and 3 draughts. All of which have been more than drinkable but they all had a tangy "home brew" taste to them.

I would dearly love to get into mash brewing (I am going to buy one of those esb wort kits to find out what it really tastes like. Then I might take the plunge.

Matt

Thanks goat
Sounds good any excuse to drink beer is a good excuse

Clancys is a good spot, Id be more than happy to bring along some of my semi beer tasting beer

Any day is fine by me except the 31st

Hello Scanman here,

Looking forward to this forum, have not home brewed for 18 months now.
Keen to get back into it, been busy with my Family & other hobies (see profile). I'm set up with a Beer fridge with 18 lt keg's beer gas ect. No more washing bottles for me! Even have one of those plastic keg's for party's. Thats all from me for now.

Always good to see another Qlder here, Scanman. Be afraid though, not many people leave here without the bug.

Hey All,

Another Melbournite here, I'm currently brewing my 6th Brew hopefully it will turn out to be like a LCPA.

I'm 28yrs old, real name is Chris. I do Network Engineering for an International Telco. I'am also a huge "Simpsons" fan, I love the episode where Barney and Homer visit the Duff Brewery.

My favorite style of beer is Belgium Strong Ale, but love brewing Wheat Beer's.

My goal in home brewing is to be excellent at doing full mash's. Then try a few cider's for the little lady in my life.

Chris. :chug:

ah the simpsons. my wife got me the entire 3rd season on dvd. we are about half way through already.
joe

ps. welcome! make yourself at home

Welcome Barney, another AG brewer in the making !

g'day and welcome BarneyG.

cheers

G'day All

I've been hanging around the board for a while now and thought it was time I joined the fold.

I'm a 33 year old numbers man (finance) who enjoys pale ales, english bitters and bocks.

I started brewing about 12 months ago after a Sunday arvo visit to Grumpy's (the home of the best garlic bread in Oz). Since then I've brewed around 20 batches, built up a respectable yeast library and progressed to mini and partial mashes (what difference it makes! ) :chug:

SWMBO is a huge supporter - so much so that I already have a keg system up and running. What a girl! What a birthday present! (She wasn't even sick of washing bottles yet) :huh:

The next step of course is to move to AG and get serious about it all. Nothing as fancy as some setups but then again... it seems everytime I read something on this forum the imagination runs wild.

Anyway folks - keep up the good advice and hopefully I'll be able to contribute down the track...

Steve

And heres another intro... :p

G'day everyone,

Forum name Pioneergangsta, i have been brewing for the past 4 years, been doing kits mostly...but now almost complete in my AG setup!
I got involved in the world of homebrewing when i scored my grandfathers & fathers (2 former brewers) brewing equipment, and plenty advise to follow.

I have been kegging for the past 6 months and have enjoyed every minute of it. Now have a bar, beer fridge with 2 taps, chest freezer...list goes on ;)
I also started distilling about 8 months ago.

I post mostly on TCB forum, but am now posting here on aussie brewer more.
I am located near Lismore (Northern Rivers) NSW, however am not a member of any club :( Better get my act together...

Cheers, and enjoy your brewing!

Pioneergangsta

G'day Steve and Pioneer... Welcome aboard! :chug:

Shawn.

G'day Steve and Pioneer... Welcome aboard!

it is good to have another Adelaideon...

SteveSA
Where abouts in Adelaide are you from?

Hi Guys,
And welcome to the board , Adelaide ? could it be another for the Barrossa trip?

welcome guys
at this rate it will become the adelaide brewers forum. :D
ps were sending your premier back to you guys.hes done enough gloating over the ghan to darwin.

cheers
big d
the remote brewering guy

Hello, bjcomposer Here.

My real name is Ben, I am a composer, currently still a music student.

I like creating things- music, kites, beer...

I live in Canberra, as yet I am not part of the Canberra Brewers, but will try and join soon. I realise that GMK used to live in Canberra. Any other regular members here live in the Great Static City?

I have just started using specialty grains with kits (ESB 3k Trad Bitter seems the best with cascade hops and crystal malt. Better than LCPA)

Will start moving on to more specialty grains and then extract/specialty and then partial. I have a couple of kegs that I haven't converted yet, but there seems to be oodles of info on how to do it.

Thanks to everyone for their help and advise so far.

bjcomposer

Cheers guys

I'm in Highgate, just out of the city. Always up for a couple of brews. When are you heading to the Barossa, Batz? (Not sure why you'd want to leave your fishing paradise though)

Big D,

If we sent Mr Charisma back with 100kg of grain could you do us a favour and keep him... *safe* ;)

Steve

Hi all, I'm Crispy,

I'm from Adelaide as well, Woodcroft in the southern suburbs,

I am also in the IT game,

I am up to my 5th brew now since christmas, bottled a Grumpy's Masterbrew, Red Irish Ale last night, have started racking and Cold Conditioning.

Will start my first extract brew tomorrow, with #3068 Liquid yeast.

I am particularly fond of Wheat beers,

Got into brewing, as a neighbor of mine challenged me to a "Brew off", have thought of little else since the first bubbles left the air lock, LOL

Have learnt so much already from reading previous posts,

Thanks to all who have helped me so far..

Cheers - Crispy

Hello Crispy

Another Adelaideon....COOL!

My in-laws live at Morphett Vale - might have to get together some time - share brews and yeasts and hops and brews etc.

Hope to meet up soon. Will be at the Danial O'Connell tommorow - might be able to meet up if you work in the city.

G'day Crispy SteveSA, pioneergangsta and bjcomposer.
Wellcome to a most informative site.
Definately need more Melb brewers to join up though.
Seems like its really happening over in the city of churches.
:D

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back