Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

My real name is Simon.

Called myself guest lurker cos I've been lurking on this forum so long (you know that message "3 members and 1 guest are online"? Well the guest was me.

Vital stats:
Obsessed with brewing for flavour more than dollar savings, although its nice not to have to pay for imported beer.

Started with kits and bits but now almost always partial mash.

Moving to full mash cos Batz gave me an excellent keg for a boiler.

In Perth.

Not a computer guy, although maintain (badly) a personal web site with brewing stuff. Work as a hydrogeologist. Not much use in the trade swapping department, but I can tell you from a fluid dynamics pont of view that slots rather than drillholes in a mashtun manifold are going to give you more even flow through the mash.

Joined forum because......I love LCPA and APA beers, and the LCPA thread on this forum seems more active than the Grumpys one. Wanted to reply to Jayse.

Welcome to AHB simon. I wondered why you hadn't joined this forum yet.
Hows the porter going? should be about ready.

Hi Jayse

Unlike you keggers, it takes me ages to taste. Cold conditioned the porter, bottled 2 weeks ago, itching to open one, but I find that they carbonate a lot slower after cold conditioning, going to hang out to 3 weeks before opening one.

Arr Harr !
Guest Lurker ! now we know who you are !

Enough people for a piss-up now

:chug: :chug: :chug:

Batz said:
Enough people for a piss-up now
Talking of that, another Perth AHB pub-wander would be a good idea. Maybe sometime in mid-late Janurary, or Feburary?

I like the idea from last time (Ie, taking some brews with us and tasting them either at Clancys, or the park next to Clancys).

Actually, are there BBQ's at that park? Did anyone notice any?

g'day Guest Lurker,

Hey what are you going to call yourself after you've been lurking around for a while.
Wont you have you have to remane yourself to Regular Lurker or something like that.

:D :D :D

sorry kook
i only noticed that big stack of shiny kegs against clancys wall.

Hi my names Chris and my lifes a sad story....

No wait lifes pretty dang good now I have been introduced to beer I like and of course to homebrewing!

Only been at the homebrewing thing for.... hmm neural pathways must be damaged but it's probably still under a year.

Was lucky enough to have some good friends who proved to me that beer can have complexity and is not guaranteed to give you a hangover.

Last years Australian International Beer Awards (Jeffs shed in Melbourne) was a big eye opener for me and I will always have a soft spot for Samuel Adams Double Bock (my first try of a doppelbock) which is what got me interested in trying to do some homebrewing.

Live in one of the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne, work in the smelly city producing reports for Telstra.

Do you reckon you'd be able to make it this one without a hangover kook? :D

Perth brewers piss-up sounds great , have to be late Feb. then I am not sure I can get down , maybe :blink:

Choos said:
Hi my names Chris and my lifes a sad story....

No wait lifes pretty dang good now I have been introduced to beer I like and of course to homebrewing!

Only been at the homebrewing thing for.... hmm neural pathways must be damaged but it's probably still under a year.

Was lucky enough to have some good friends who proved to me that beer can have complexity and is not guaranteed to give you a hangover.

Last years Australian International Beer Awards (Jeffs shed in Melbourne) was a big eye opener for me and I will always have a soft spot for Samuel Adams Double Bock (my first try of a doppelbock) which is what got me interested in trying to do some homebrewing.

Live in one of the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne, work in the smelly city producing reports for Telstra.
Chris, good to see you've made it to AHB! :)

Goat said:
Do you reckon you'd be able to make it this one without a hangover kook? :D
Haha :)

I'll make the effort to have a quiet one the night before next time.

I never intended to turn up feeling that bad, but beer celebrations ("Septemberfest") can do bad things to you!

Kook,

You had our empathy and admiration for your resilience and determination. And a hangover never seems so bad when you put a couple more under the belt.

I don't remember any barbys in the park. I wonder whether Clancys would mind us drinking a few of our own before switching to their brews. Probably not.

Its certainly worth asking the question.....

Eating there (as opposed to BBQ) would also help our cause a little too. The food is OK and not that expensive

If we come up with a tentative or approximate date, I will contact Clancys and try to sell it to them.

Hello All

My name is Mike I live in Perth WA I have only done three HB's now first one was a total flop tasted like off vinegar so I made my way back into my study to do some research on the net and found this site

Im 23 yrs old have a long term girlfreind and have just bought my first house (with enough room for kegerator etc etc)

I am an in the Electroincs industry (engineer and technician) so if anyone has any electronics type problems ie. thermostats timers solenoids etc please feel free to ask me and ill do my best.

So after all that Ive now done two very drinkable brews and am now saving myself some dollars by not going to my local brew on the premises shop.

Well there you go thats me

Mike :) :)

Hi VNtHB, you will have to come along to our little get together next year.... We hope to bring a few bottles of HB, sit around at Clancy's (Freo) and drink/discuss beer (both HB and whatever is on tap at Clancy's).

As an opening bid; how about the Australia Day long weekend - gives Saturday to enjoy family life (?), Sunday to drink and Monday to recover/prepare for the salt mines the next day. That would make it Sunday 25th Jan... any takers?

big d - are you planning a trip south any time soon?

That sunday sounds fine to me :)

Oops.

That is my wife's 40th birthday and I'm planning a very big bash. I would prefer something else round about that same time of year.

The long weekend is also likely to find some brewers out of town?

My preferences would be
10 or 11 Jan
31 Jan or 1 Feb
17 or 18 Jan

We should probably take this to a new thread rather than filling up the introduce yourself thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back