Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew,
Having trouble keeping up with all the new members.
For the ones doing kits, be Careful!
Once you get a taste of all grain you will be rushing to start .
Welcome everybody :super:
johnno

:) JOHNNO THANKYOU THANKYOU VERY MUCH
johnno said:
Welcome elvis p,
Its about time you showed yourself after all these years.
So its true that you have been hiding out downunder.

When is the next album coming out?

I'm glad you gave up the fried peanut butter sandwiches and have switched to homebrewed beer. Its healthier.

All the best.

Hail the King.

Johnno

PS. I wont tell Cilla where you have surfaced.
[post="89681"][/post]​

Heh..I just realised that the last time I posted in this thread it looks like I may have scared elvis p off again.
Just when it looked like he may settle down somewhere :lol:

Oh well.

There are so many new members on the board it is hard keeping up with all the new posts.

So..to everyone who has joined up since..Welcome :beer:

ps come back elvis p...we won't tell anyone where you are.

"Elvis has left the building."

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

"Elvis has left the building."

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

But we can say he is an AHB member ;)
He was probably worried about the publicity. :D

Not a very big elvis fan
johnno

Does anyone from the hills want to volunteer to be designated driver? Doc? Duff?

I need a lift to the Todd.

You're the one on P plates mate. Zero tolerance remember? Sort of settles who'll be driving.

But I'll be on the same plane as Doc :)

Hi,
I'm Luke. I've been brewing and lurking on other forums for about a year and a half.
I always said I'd never go down the all grain path because I'm a lazy *******, but I'm beginning to change my mind. :rolleyes:

Welcome to AHB Luke.

Cheers
Big D

Howdy Tipsy

go the AG way I did and was the best move ever made , much easier than it sounds or reads and far superior end product , all the help You need is here as well from some very clever and knowledgeable brewers

Cheers
AW :D

Given I just made my first post, after lurking for a while, I thought i'd post in here too!

Hi all - thanks for some great info on brewing, i'm really new to this, (about 6 brews), but learning fast.

Cheers,

Jon

Hi there,

Recently registered after lurking for some time.

Rediscovered HB after 16 years and am loving it!!

Have done all I can do with kits and am just getting the gear together to move to AG.

Fantastic advice and always a humorous read.

cheers

Mud

Gday all, Sammy here. I hail from the Steel City, aka Newcastle (since BHP's closed down now), the home of the Steel River Brewery.

I'm a second year uni student, and started brewing because of exactly that... I'm a poor student. It soon grew into a full blown hobby, with me very quickly starting to keep records, and starting to use the more refined processes for making beer (ie boiling, racking, bulk priming).

I'm about to build my first bar, with cold home brew on tap. I'm a particular fan of lagers and all dark beers, but will try anything, and am starting to experiment with new beers, and my own recipes.

I've recently started thinking about growing my own hops, and experimenting with other taste and aroma additives, such as the beans of the coffee plants in my garden (long way off that one though, plants are very immature), as the idea of self sufficiency really appeals to me. I would love to hear from others that are interested in these ideas as well, who could perhaps point me in the right direction for buying seeds for the different hops varieties.

Anywho, signing off now, and look forward to yakking to you all here soon :)

Sammy

G'day Everyone.

My name is Mat (aka hooky) from bondi beach and i have recently joined the forum because my mate said you get heaps of pricless advice here.

I started brewing at home about 4 weeks ago after buying a coopers starter kit. So far i have bottled two brews - the larger that comes with the kit and a canadian blonde - and i have a coopers bitter(BE2, malt and hops) sitting in the drum at the moment. All i can think about now is "what should i brew next". It's spring now and warming up so i'm thinking of putting a ginger beer down after i bottle the current brew.

Seemed like the appropriate thred to jump on and say hello for my first post and i look forward to chatting on the thread.

Cheers! hooky

G'day Everyone.

My name is Mat (aka hooky) from bondi beach and i have recently joined the forum because my mate said you get heaps of pricless advice here.

I started brewing at home about 4 weeks ago after buying a coopers starter kit. So far i have bottled two brews - the larger that comes with the kit and a canadian blonde - and i have a coopers bitter(BE2, malt and hops) sitting in the drum at the moment. All i can think about now is "what should i brew next". It's spring now and warming up so i'm thinking of putting a ginger beer down after i bottle the current brew.

Seemed like the appropriate thred to jump on and say hello for my first post and i look forward to chatting on the thread.

Cheers! hooky

afternoon hooky! - welcome to the forum. Your mate was right about priceless advice - loads of it here....heres my two bobs worth to get you going with your kits:

http://www.hbkitreviews.com/

Plenty to choose from to help you decide.
Cheers ave a goody
Steve

G'Day folks! I'm Mike (AKA fhgwgads)

I have been brewing for abour two months now and have not been able to stop thinking about beer ever since.

Sure, someone gives you a kit & says "you'll love it, and you can quit any time you like!" But they DON'T tell you how addictive drinking a great tasting beer that YOU made can be!

I now have 3 fermenters that have not been empty for long ever since. I am working my way through the coopers kits in the supermarket but the way you AG people talk, I don't think it will be long before I am mashing.

Reading all of the great advice from people similarly affected makes me feel like much less of a freak. This really is a great site.

I am looking forward to hooking up with the HB club scene if anyone knows one near Kellyville NSW?

I also enjoy growing & eating my own veges which may be the source of the addiction..

Cheers and looking forward to sharing better beer with the experts! :beerbang:

FHG

I hear you Mike! I'm on my fifth batch of the coopers range available in the supermarkets. I love throwing some hops and malt into the mix. A couple of my mates at work are keen brewers and we have been swapping and sharring each others brews. I tried homekegger1's AG last week and i would start mashing tomorrow if i had enough room in my apartment. Just have to stick with the kit's for now. Since home brew, i find that i don't enjoy a beer at the pub as much as i used to? Does this happen often?

Cheers :beer:

FHG,

You've certainly chosen to post at the right time. There is a group of brewers from the Hills District that is meeting tonight at the North Rocks Gourmet Pizza - 3 Lawndale Ave, North Rocks. It's just around the corner from Westfields, and the street it's on is opposite the Video Ezy. We're meeting at 7.30pm. Bring about $10 for pizza, and some homebrews.

The post for the night can be found Here.

Hope you can make it.

You can also learn more about our club, the Hills Brewers Guild.

Thommo.

Hey people, the name is Mark. I've been a regular home-brewer for about a couple years now and I've only stumbled onto this website now. Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself and say hello. I look forward to hearing about everyone else's creations :)

Thanks for the invite Thommo

Unfortunately I have a prior :( dinner at the parents! :eek:

Spewing! Pizza and HB! It should be a great evening. I will keep my eye on the guilds page for next time.

Thanks again

FHG

Hi there fellow beer lovers,

I am from Perth WA, and have been looking around this site since I was given a HB kit for my bday about two week ago.

It has been close to a 15-year gap between now and the last time I made a brew, I hope for better results this time.

The main difference now is the huge amount of information on the internet and the seriously active community such as this site. Plus my patience for hobbies is a bit more mature, I dont think I left the last brew a month before it was all gone.

I have a brew going now straight out of the kit into the fermenter, as per instructions, good first run, test out the sanitising sklls, etc.

Although the next one Black Rock Export Pilsner kit will be my first move towards using some of the recipes and tips I have read. Try to make it a bit more interesting by using a liquid yeast, or doing a pot boil with grain or something I guess a chat to my local HB shop guy will point me in the right direction as well.

Hope to be active through the forum in time, although I expect I will be reading and learning mostly.

The most wasted of all days is the day one did not laugh.
Chamfort, 1796.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back