Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, Osangar...

You're hooked... :beerbang:

Hi Guys,
My name is Eric, I have been brewing for a couple of years and decided to lash out and buy a keg this year, one of the lil 23 litre ones. Usually do k+k, but a month ago did a TCB wetpak, which was really good. So I bought some of the Wheat wetpaks which I will try and might add some more malt and hops.
My wife is worried that I am spending to much time reading about brewing :( , but I just have to remind her that she told me I should get a new hobby and meet some new people :D .
So here I am.

Eric :beer:

Nice to meet you, Eric.

Brewing is more than a hobby, as you'll find, it's an obsession.

No better place to advance your knowledge than this board.

Hi everyone,

I'm Jason and I've never brewed a drop in my life, but am eager to get in to it.

I'm a big fan of Red Oak's honey ale and Feral Brewery's Belgium White. I also drink Redback, Coopers Pale Ale and Sparkling Ale.

My boss gave me a brewing bucket a couple of years ago, and I did buy a tin of wort, but never used it.

For my birthday in August, my lovely fiance got me a book on home brewing and suggests you do your own mashing etc.

Hopefully I'll let you all know when I put my first batch down and how it all goes in the next few weeks!

Jason.

Hi, I have held off introducing myself so far on this forum because of my plans to move interstate. So here I am finally living in a little place called Gulmarrad (Near Yamba and Maclean) NSW. I am a mash and extract(minimash) brewer. I really like this site, it has helped me very much so far. I appologise for not getting to know any of the Brissy guys, but that may change if I get the time to travel up once in a while. Anyway I need a beer so see ya's all later.

*hop*cone*

Hi everyone,

I'm Jason and I've never brewed a drop in my life, but am eager to get in to it.

I'm a big fan of Red Oak's honey ale and Feral Brewery's Belgium White. I also drink Redback, Coopers Pale Ale and Sparkling Ale.

My boss gave me a brewing bucket a couple of years ago, and I did buy a tin of wort, but never used it.

For my birthday in August, my lovely fiance got me a book on home brewing and suggests you do your own mashing etc.

Hopefully I'll let you all know when I put my first batch down and how it all goes in the next few weeks!

Jason.

Welcome mate. Hope you enjoy the hobby and get into it properly.

You're certainly off to a good start by coming to a site like this to get good, solid information right from the start. Try not to get too caught up with the technicalities at first, just let your experience and knowledge expand you go along. Keep reading and try to keep improving various aspects of your hobby.

First up though, get a brew on so you can sit down at the computer with a beer and start reading on ways to keep making it better. :chug:

Best of luck,
Justin

Heya! I'm shane, been brewing off and on since the late '80's. (Started in a new garbage bin as well!)

I've tried all the stupid things, including the chilli beer and dragging the keg fridge to parties....

I now reside in the Blue Mountains and the HBS is closer than the pub OR the bottle shop so that means...I brew a fair bit these days! I've gone back to bottles after old faithfull stopped actually cooling and I dispensed with it and bought a new beer fridge. Couldn't bear drilling holes in it, too pretty.

I've got a bit of a hankering for saaz lately so my favourite style right now is pilsners.

I am not in IT.

Heya! I'm shane, been brewing off and on since the late '80's. (Started in a new garbage bin as well!)

I've tried all the stupid things, including the chilli beer and dragging the keg fridge to parties....

I now reside in the Blue Mountains and the HBS is closer than the pub OR the bottle shop so that means...I brew a fair bit these days! I've gone back to bottles after old faithfull stopped actually cooling and I dispensed with it and bought a new beer fridge. Couldn't bear drilling holes in it, too pretty.

I've got a bit of a hankering for saaz lately so my favourite style right now is pilsners.

I am not in IT.

"I am not in IT."

So that means you are/were and engineer of sort then.......

Welcome to the forum...enjoy

Hi All, Im new to this forum. My name is Mark (Alias.. Mekeman), been a brewer for 8 yrs. Live gold coast, Work in health and drink plenty of piss. Hope to meet new mates and get yr knowledge that we all enjoy.
Cheers. :beerbang:

Greets All,

I'm yet another Stu ;)

I've just returned to Austrlaia after living in Japan for 12 1/2 years and was rather shocked at the price increase and the lfavour decrease in comercial beers - they now taste like Japanese beers.

So I've started home brewing to get some flavour back in my beer without paying outrageous prices.

Love the site, it's been a great resource

Stu

Hi All, Im new to this forum. My name is Mark (Alias.. Mekeman), been a brewer for 8 yrs. Live gold coast, Work in health and drink plenty of piss. Hope to meet new mates and get yr knowledge that we all enjoy.
Cheers. :beerbang:

Welcome Mark,

a very active brewing network down the goldcoast - you'll be in good hands down there...

cheers Ross

Hi Guys,

Just found this web site & thought "I'd better get in here".

Been brewing for about 35 years, but only just shifting up to all-grain, so I've a lot to learn.

Looking forward to finding out who does what in Perth!

Hooroo

Hi dulcet, welcome to the fun and games.

Perth has a thriving craftbrew community, to reflect our booming microbrew community. We're really spoiled over here, and I love every second of it.

There is a brewday happening next month, I hope to see you there.

G'day all,

It has been a while so I thought I would re-introduce myself.

Haven't brewed for ages, since I moved overseas in June. On the good side I went to a real ale festival last weekend and a trip to brussels the weekend before.

Waiting for christmas so I can go home and do a few brews. I won't be home again for another 7 months however to try them!

Gee I miss brewing!

Welcome back, cubbie. Those trips sound fun. Taste any great beers? I'm sure you'll be brewing up a storm when you can. Lots of strong styles I guess. :beer:

Hello to everyone,

I am new to home brewing and this site has been invaluable. Currently have Coopers IPA in bottles, a grain/extract/hops Amber Ale in secondary, and just started the Coopers Traditional Draught (with malt, not sugar).

Any questions or concerns I have had have been answered on this forum. Looking forward to contributing in the future, but for now I'll just take as much knowledge as I can get.

Thanks again for all the info.

Hello to everyone,

I am new to home brewing and this site has been invaluable. Currently have Coopers IPA in bottles, a grain/extract/hops Amber Ale in secondary, and just started the Coopers Traditional Draught (with malt, not sugar).

Any questions or concerns I have had have been answered on this forum. Looking forward to contributing in the future, but for now I'll just take as much knowledge as I can get.

Thanks again for all the info.

Welcome Paul, the learning never ceases mate!

Hi All,

I am new to the site and relatively new to brewing.

There is a lot of good information here, looks like I have some catching up to do.

Cheers

Hi All,

I am new to the site and relatively new to brewing.

There is a lot of good information here, looks like I have some catching up to do.

Cheers

onya hewy - an absolute treasure trove of information here....if you cant find it just ask. I learn something new everyday. Have fun.
Cheers
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back