Internet Censorship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the blandest terms, we are presented with communism at one extreme, and facism at the other. We are expected to believe that we have to negotiate a suitable middle ground between these. Both of these extremes are collectivist philosophies that serve the interests of entrenched minorities, with little room for personal liberties. As stated earlier, the choice between liberty and slavery is a real dichotomy and should be what we consider when assessing the merits of particular policies and laws.

This is exactly why Reagan's rhetoric is dangerous. The left and right of democracy are not communism and fascism. Both are fundamentally undemocratic. And the choice between liberty and slavery is one that is rarely presented to anyone, let alone anyone in the wealthiest, most entitled society in all history.

Brewing was illegal and abolished, yet the information on it remained free and available. People were treated as adults. The vast majority understood what it was and why it was abolished. Imagine that world today where all existance of the information, the knowlege itself is blocked and treated as if wiped off the face of the world as far as people under such a regime would face. Entire generations could go by and soon AHB, brewing and all information would cease to exist. People are instead treated like children, unable to handle and filter out such information in their lives as they see fit. Thet are no longer considered adults, able to be trusted with their own destiny. Australia is heavily slanted this way in all
of its regulatory practices and has increasingly grown ever so much through the years. This is easily evident to myself but I have been blessed of living in multiple countries in this world to use as a comparison base and able
to look in from the outside in as well from within.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

This is exactly why Reagan's rhetoric is dangerous. The left and right of democracy are not communism and fascism. Both are fundamentally undemocratic. And the choice between liberty and slavery is one that is rarely presented to anyone, let alone anyone in the wealthiest, most entitled society in all history.

Im increasingly getting the feeling that this might be more about Reagan than anything else. But no matter.

Democracy is not some sacred cow that is immune to either communism or facism. The path to both are often paved with the good intentions of a democratic state. After all, Hitler was elected. The path is well worn, and I'll just quote Alex Tyler instead of stating it myself.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.

Therein is the great danger of your 'wealthy and entitled' society.

Yeah, I've since clicked the link posted and there is no how to section.

However, they do SELL DRUGS WITH WHICH TO KILL PEOPLE.

Not appropriate.

So does any chemist or supermarkets even.

Yeah, I've since clicked the link posted and there is no how to section.

However, they do SELL DRUGS WITH WHICH TO KILL PEOPLE.

Not appropriate.

Sorry which drugs? I only had a cursory glance but all I could see (provided free by the way, not for sale) was a kit you can use to test the efficiacy of a drug you've bought elsewhere. I highly doubt they could get away with selling lethal drugs over the net unless said drugs are already freely available. They are a legitimate information site with links to real Australian citizens and therefore unlikely to be selling poisons freely online.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Oh, yeah. Apologies all round. I misinterpreted that - got it completely arse about. I'm sorry, guys.

I still maintain that the site is distributing information on how to commit crimes which is bound to bring them this sort of attention.

Back