Inkbird settings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leyther

Reaction score
I hooked up my Inkbird to my fridge yesterday and put in a lager for fermenting.

The instructions say to ferment at 15C for 3 days then 3 days at 18C for diecetly rest. At the moment I have the inkbird set to at 14.5 (+/- 1), I've noticed the probe reading is around the 14.5C but the temp on the side of the fermentor (just the cheap plastic ones) reads around 18C, I have the probe sat on top of the fermentor lid which is at the top of the fridge and hence is closer to the freezer compartment I think I'll move this down to the bottom of the fridge as that might be one reason for the discrepancy however someone mentioned in another post that the temp in the fermentor is usually higher than the ambient temp, if thats the case should I be setting the inkbird temp lower still? say around 12C?

Cheers

I am no expert here, but I tape the sensor to the side of my plastic fermentor with a piece of small foam in the fridge side of the sensor to insulate it a little from the ambient air, that way it reads a temp closer to that of the wort in the fermentor.

bwhouse said:
I am no expert here, but I tape the sensor to the side of my plastic fermentor with a piece of small foam in the fridge side of the sensor to insulate it a little from the ambient air, that way it reads a temp closer to that of the wort in the fermentor.
Yep, this is what I do and it's a lot more stable temp reading. Seems to work a treat!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1482889104.728363.jpg
Photo much better at explaining

Thanks, I'll look into doing this, whats in the overflow there, looks milky?

Back