Info About This Cold Flow Chiller?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmacdonald

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been wanting to get into home brew for a while now but was never keen on washing bottles and expected to jump straight into kegging. That's still the plan but I picked up a chiller at an auction on the weekend which has motivated me to get into some serious planning. I've got a few projects to finish before I'll be allowed to get right into the brewing.

I have been trying to find some info on this chiller I bought - it's a Cold Flow make and the model appears to be Concord. As far as I can tell it has four coils for four separate beverage lines and a pump for circulating coolant, presumably through a flooded font.

Is there anything particular I should know about this thing? Here's some photos, I got it for $40, which my initail research suggests was quite a good buy.

2iivq69.jpg

53ka36.jpg

The plan is to run a flooded font, given the cost of them I think it's probably best to go straight for a quadruple font as I'll no doubt want to make full use of the chiller eventually, probably with a couple of beers, one for premix spirits and possibly one for cold water.

As for regulators, I'm guessing I should go straight for a double reg - one for dispensing and one for carbonating. Can I hook up more than one gas dispensing outlet, assuming all the kegs require the same dispensing pressure?

I know most of you guys have keg fridges or converted freezers, but I have clear instructions that bastardised fridges will not be allowed in the house. The idea of a beer tap on the bar on the deck has approval (with enthusiasm) from the boss. I expect it's preferable to keep your brews in the fridge, but this is not feasible with the space I have available (under the outside kitchen bench/bar I'm going to build on the deck I'm in the middle of building (one of the projects I have to finish before I start brewing).

Just want to get an idea of if I'm on the right track and if there's anything special I need to consider as I start assembling my system. I'm not in a huge hurry but I want to do it properly the first time and not have to replace anything (hence the 4-way font and double reg). Also if anyone can point me in the dierction of some info on my chiller that would be great as well.

Back