In-line Sight Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sav

Brewing at the battered's shed
Reaction score
G'day brewers,

Just starting this thread to gauge any interest in these in-line sight glasses I've made out of 1/2" ss fittings & heat-proof polycarbonate tubing. :)

If there's enough response then I'll put them up in the "Buy & Sell" forum.

Cheers.
sav.

In-lineSightGlasses_zpse489387c.jpg

Hey that looks pretty good sav.
I've got one on my MT return so I know when the wort clears before pumping to kettle.

Good luck with it. :beer:

That's heaps for your help pete

sav said:
G'day brewers,

Just starting this thread to gauge any interest in these in-line sight glasses I've made out of 1/2" ss fittings & heat-proof polycarbonate tubing. :)

If there's enough response then I'll put them up in the "Buy & Sell" forum.

Cheers.
sav.

In-lineSightGlasses_zpse489387c.jpg
Please do, I want one, maybe two. Unless theyre $$enough$$ for you to retire on ;)

At the moment I am testing temps and pressure as we all know brewing has tolerances that we know can harm or burn some one or kids.
I am thing about the 30 dollar mark see how every one feels.

Ok, I am a little excited...

Are they 1/2" thread? each end..

How much, exactly?

Any warranty or at least guaranty they will seal for X time?

Cheers

Yep what ever length but price will vary.
I am thinking of 100 mm total 70mm viewing void around prox.

Mate testing so far ok time will tell though. I'm using poly carb tubing on my hlt for 12 months and showing signs of wear.

Any chance of making full length sight glasses for HLTs and the like?
My local plastics mob want $100 or so for a metre of polycarbonate tubing...

At high temps it softens. You should maybe test one at boiling point under pump pressure. I couldn't get them to stand up to my cleaning process. made it from glass in the end.
IMG_1259.JPG

I've made an inline sight glass using 15 mm polycarbonate tubing and I have had no problems with the tube softening at boiling temps. I have pumped boiling home made PBW through it without any problems. Have also pumped water through it at a pressure of about 4 bar without it splitting or bursting.
I also have a 1/2 inch polycarbonate sight glass on my HLT which has never softened at high temperatures.

Guys I want too add this inline sight glass is also useful for batch sparges. It's a inline to mash tun too kettle sight glass. It's useful tool too see grain entering your kettle too see clear wert and then
turn the valve off too avoid tanins into your kettle.

It's 1/2 inch so put it close to you tun and keep a close eye on what's going in your brew.

I should be good to go next week for orders.

Hlt sight glass also available. Threaded poly carb to 1/2 inch fitting.

Poly carb is rated too 120 deg c

Latest posts

Back