Imported Becks Is Back?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theredone

Reaction score
i work in a bottle-o and just had a couple of cartons of becks come in that are actually imported, not the stuff that is brewed by lion nathen, anyone know if they are going back to the way things were, or if there was maybe just a shortage or somthing? either way i will enjoy it while i can

Sounds like parallel importing by a third party. I'm in no way a Becks fan but be mindful that the imported stuff may have spent the last few months on a ship rolling up and down, travelling over the equator a couple of times and sitting in a container at 50 odd degrees so it may not help the quality to much...

But if you like it then go for your life.

Cheers
Booz

Post #2 is correct, it's third party importing, and has always been happening with stuff like Becks, Stella etc. I have often seen it overlaid with non-english side labelling too, maybe Greek or Turkish from memory.

There are a few independent bottle 'os out there who've always had imported Becks, among others. One of my old local shops seemed to have whole palates imported into the country somehow.

Some samples from my 400 becks bottle collection:

Imported:
BECKS-IMPORTED-OVERALL.jpg

BECKS-IMPORTED-CLOSE2.jpg

And an aussie brewed label:

Latest posts

Back