Immersion Heaters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boybrewer

Reaction score
Hi All;
Just arrived today . Immersion heaters . They are fully submersable I have been using them for the past year and have had no problems with them at all .They have 2500 W of power at 10 amps and (1) one will boil 50lt in less than an hour ( 2 ) will boil water in less than 40 min . You can bring wort up to boil with ( 2 ) of these by the time your sparge has finished , in fact ( 1 ) will give you a nice rolling boil . Total cost $50 each .These plug straight into the socket .They also come in handy if you run out of gas .There are 46 available now and another 50 arriving in the next week or two .Put your name down if you want one and I will post anywhere in Aus .

Cheers
Beerbelly

P6230086.JPG

1. Manticle x 1
2. Maple x 2
3. Siborg x 1

I'm slightly interested - you say submersible but what about the cable bit, seems alot shallower than ones I've seen before?

also how much is postage to 6430?

1. Manticle x 1
2. Maple x 2
3. Siborg x 1
4. Mxd x 1

just asking the question.

are you reselling these? if so, you are you registering as a retailer? and then its not really a bulk buy.

if your not reselling these/making a profit then its a bulk buy

now in regards to the actual unit, the plastic 'connector' going the cord to the element. hows it connected? is it fully enclosed? do we know if its properly wired/earthed off?

Have you had any issues in the past with scorching wort with these elements? Do they usually require a bit of cleaning after boiling wort and how easy are they to get back to their natural state?
Also, 2500 Watt equates to 10.4 Amp so it would be interesting to establish if they draw more power or if they are 2400 Watt elements.

1. Manticle x 1
2. Maple x 2
3. Siborg x 1
4. Mxd x 1
5. Roller997 x 1

just asking the question.

are you reselling these? if so, you are you registering as a retailer? and then its not really a bulk buy.

if your not reselling these/making a profit then its a bulk buy

now in regards to the actual unit, the plastic 'connector' going the cord to the element. hows it connected? is it fully enclosed? do we know if its properly wired/earthed off?

No I am not selling these my brother in law works for Gas mate . I purchased two of them last year from him . They are fully sealed and earthed . I use them in my HLT and boil kettle . I just drop them in until they sit near the bottom of the kettle and watch it boil and I am not making a profit on these as this is what we can buy them for normally they retail for $110 . Sorry I didn't think to add some extra dollars for myself . The reason why they are selling them at wholesale price is the packaging is made for the Chinese market , the boxes are written in Chinese .

Cheers
Beerbelly

Have you had any issues in the past with scorching wort with these elements? Do they usually require a bit of cleaning after boiling wort and how easy are they to get back to their natural state?
Also, 2500 Watt equates to 10.4 Amp so it would be interesting to establish if they draw more power or if they are 2400 Watt elements.

1. Manticle x 1
2. Maple x 2
3. Siborg x 1
4. Mxd x 1
5. Roller997 x 1

Hi Roller997 ;
I just soak them in some vinegor when I'm finished and scrub them with an old toothbrush . The box says 2500W . I haven't had any issues with tripping the circuit when using one of these and I have not had any problem whatsoever with scorching the wort .

No I am not selling these my brother in law works for Gas mate . I purchased two of them last year from him . They are fully sealed and earthed . I use them in my HLT and boil kettle . I just drop them in until they sit near the bottom of the kettle and watch it boil and I am not making a profit on these as this is what we can buy them for normally they retail for $110 . Sorry I didn't think to add some extra dollars for myself .

Cheers
Beerbelly
thanks for clarifying. sounds like a good item then. i might see if i can scrounge up $50.

gas mate huh?......dare i annoy more people and talk about med/high pressure reg BB? :ph34r:

edit: although im not keen on putting plastic in my boiling wort. might just have to be an over the side element or give it a miss.

thanks for clarifying. sounds like a good item then. i might see if i can scrounge up $50.

gas mate huh?......dare i annoy more people and talk about med/high pressure reg BB? :ph34r:

edit: although im not keen on putting plastic in my boiling wort. might just have to be an over the side element.

I have been using them for probably a year and haven't haddddd aannnyyy ssssssssssiiiidde aaffects yet with the plastic in it . :icon_vomit:

1. Manticle x 1
2. Maple x 2
3. Siborg x 1
4. Mxd x 1
5. Roller997 x 1
6. WarmBeer x 1
7. Rooting Kings x 1

The heaters weigh 301gm just so that you know the weight of the heaters for postage purposes

Cheers
Beerbelly

Guys,

This looks like very unsafe device to use. It is too short to immerse into water and can cause short circuit after prolonged use. It is not meant to be used for boiling wort for 60+ minutes.

Out of curiosity, what exactly are these designed to be used for? Eg, are they designed to be food grade and/or for use over extended periods? This information might alleviate some concerns.

Cheers,
Kris.

Guys,

This looks like very unsafe device to use. It is too short to immerse into water and can cause short circuit after prolonged use. It is not meant to be used for boiling wort for 60+ minutes.

The heater is placed into the bottom of the kettle chord and all and have boiled the wort for 90 min without being electrocuted as well as using it in my HLT and still going strong after approx 20 or so brews .If you don't think they are safe don't buy it . All I am trying to do is save money for me and my fellow brewers . If I thought that they weren't safe I wouldn't use them and I would certainly not offer a bulk buy on them . I also have responsabilities and would not like to see my family suffer because I killed myself making beer .

Out of curiosity, what exactly are these designed to be used for? Eg, are they designed to be food grade and/or for use over extended periods? This information might alleviate some concerns.

Cheers,
Kris.

Hi Tallie ;
I have been told that they can be used for boiling most liquids and that they are a food safe product. I use one to bring my HLT up to temp and then dump it into the boil kettle to boil the wort and have used it consistantly over the past year without any fault .

Cheers
Beerbelly

Have been using a similar one for the last 8 brews and haven't had any issue with it at all.
Placing an order for myself and a few friends who also want a few.

1. Manticle x 1
2. Maple x 2
3. Siborg x 1
4. Mxd x 1
5. Roller997 x 1
6. WarmBeer x 1
7. Rooting Kings x 1
8. RamuGupta x 6

I'm slightly interested - you say submersible but what about the cable bit, seems alot shallower than ones I've seen before?

also how much is postage to 6430?

Regular Parcel post $4.55 delivered in 5 working days , Registered parcel post $8.95 delivered in 5 working days . Express post satchel $8.49 delivered in the fastest possible time . These can be immersed all the way into your HLT or boil kettle . I am going to use it for my xchange heater for my HERMS when I get around to building it.

Cheers
Mike

just updating...reckon I'll go with two now.

1. Manticle x 1
2. Maple x 2
3. Siborg x 1
4. Mxd x 1
5. Roller997 x 1
6. WarmBeer x 1
7. Rooting Kings x 2
8. RamuGupta x 6

Back