Im bad at this and I need help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danestead said:
Really?

I would have thought that 1 can of hopped extract combined with a can of non-hopped extract would be light on bitterness - if anything.
I stand corrected. Did not read properly, though you had used two standard hopped cans. :huh:

I hope the beer turns out great ;)

Goose said:
I stand corrected. Did not read properly, though you had used two standard hopped cans. :huh:

I hope the beer turns out great ;)
Even so, and not that I've done it, I would think 2 cans of hopped extract would be fine. Twice the malt, twice the fg, twice the hops. I stand corrected if someone with experience disagrees though.

Depends on what the hopped extract is and what the beer style is I guess. I've done a 'toucan' of Coopers OS Stout and Dark Ale that was bloody nice. Also done one with the APA and Dark Ale tins that was excellent too. Not sure how well two tins of IPA would go together in a standard size batch though, and I'm not gonna be the guinea pig to try it out either. :p

I like bitter and hoppy. One can of Coopers Real Ale and one can of Coopers Draught made up to 25L, brewed with Safale S-04 at 20C. Added about 5mL of hop shots to keg. Turned out powerhouse, but the bittering wasn't really balanced with enough malt or hop flavour.

I used the remaining 5L or so from the fermenter to top up a keg that already had a mixture of leftovers from previous brews. I think it was a blend of porter and a lightweight pale ale. Probably about 6-8L of that left. That blend actually turned out pretty good.

I think two cans of hopped extract kit is drinkable, but it is likely to be out of whack.

Latest posts

Back