IGulu - Brewing System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute... I'm having de ja vu. It looks like they had some copyright issues, changed their name and re-launched on Indiegogo a few months after their Kickstarter campaign ended.

Alas, Brooke and I pitched this idea to a seed accelerator about 18 months ago and they weren't convinced the home brew market was big enough. These guys are doing great with $1.4M of pledges so far. Kudos ArtBrew iGulu!

It'll never take off,it's simply not blingy enough...unless your a yuppie hipster and it matches the drapes.

the beer just looked...terrible. these things make my head hurt.

I guess the trade name iGullible was already taken, 5L really what is the point.

Michael Burton said:
These guys are doing great with $1.4M of pledges so far. Kudos ArtBrew iGulu!
and yet still no sign of a deliverable product from their original kickstarter

But its not $1.4m.. they raised 700k on kickstarter, and that total has been 'carried over' onto their indiegogo page (as there have only been 25 additional backers on indigeogo)

Considering how many of these kickstarter's end up as vapourware with people out of pocket $, re-listing the exact same product on both after smashing your 'goal' on one of them kind of makes me think this will be heading the same way (either by plan or over-commitment)

fletcher said:
the beer just looked...terrible. these things make my head hurt.
That was my first thought. For something with reasonable marketing direction (and conversely very scant info about design or process) they could have made the end product look a tad prettier.

Cringe. Next step sachet packed dehydrated Insta-Pints*

*Patent Pending.

grott said:
Or a machine that recycles your urine whilst drinking. :blink:
And why stop with your own urine........there could be a communal/party version.........or not!

I almost want to buy one just to take it apart and viciously critique the engineering.

Because it's saturday and I'm at work and pissed off.

Ha ha, WW has laid the path for a lotta cheap knock offs. Still, for all the conservatives its gonna give you heart burn. Home brew is moving forward. Despite people clinging to the 'old' ways things are moving forward, albeit with the older school stuck in their mindset that things should stay the same. Bring on new hops grains too. Don't be constrained!
Cheers
Elz

Latest posts

Back