If the English Test Team were a beer, what kind of beer would they be?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KB
In the past considered good, and quite popular, not so much now.

I'm waiting to see what odds are given for this series. Could be a handy little money maker. How's Steyns form by the way?

carniebrew said:
Thank fark Kallis has retired!
Just have to get through Smith, Amla, de Villiers, du Plessis and co. Oh, and our fragile batting line up has to try and hold out Steyn, Morkel and Philander bowling on their own patch.

The English side aren't even worthy of being compared to beer....................... maybe the dregs at the bottom of the bottle of a skunked V.B clone..

O.T Read on another forum a woman put $50 @ 50-1 for Australia to win 5-0 before the series began. Nice little earner.

I think this English side is a Mild Ale - a 'running' beer, or on the evidence of the 5th Test - 'sessionable'

Enjoy the 5-0. We'll be back, some sunny day. :beer:

Black Devil Dog said:
O.T Read on another forum a woman put $50 @ 50-1 for Australia to win 5-0 before the series began. Nice little earner.
Sportsbet had them at $96, 24hrs before the first ball was bowled.

carniebrew said:
The Saffers will be a huge challenge, our brittle lower order batting lineup could be in for a world of hurt against their bowling lineup.
Our top order isn't always all that resilient either to be honest.

Johnson was incredibly valuable, but without Haddin's batting, the series could have been very different.

kevo said:

Johnson was incredibly valuable, but without Haddin's batting, the series could have been very different.
Careful kevo, you're on the edge of humility there. :)

50-1 because only one Aussie believed in their team.
The greatest bandwagon in the Southern Hemisphere, the Baggy Green :p

kevo said:

Actually I meant our top order, I always muck that terminology up. I agree, with regular failures to almost all our top order bats (I'm looking at you Clarke), our wagging tail was a real god-send. South Africa will be the perfect test of whether we were good, or the poms were just bloody awful.

If we beat the Proteas on their turf, Boof can start measuring up for his bronze statue.

Latest posts

Back