If Hops Are Bad For Dogs, But The Dog Like Hoppie Beer ...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
?? WTF? :blink:

edit : Do you care to elaborate?

I guess you have to ask, do you like the dog? Would you give your young kid a martini shaken not stirred because he like James Bond?

Um....
Alcohol should not be fed to dogs...
They lack the ability to process it properly....
It's like giving the dog chocolate that is meant for human consumption....
IT COULD KILL IT
Now this may or may not happen but hey...if you love your hound , you wouldn't want it to suffer , would you ????

I used to feed my dog Bob Martins choccie drop treats for training purposes, but I suppose they were in small safe doses compared to say a 200g block.

Next time the D.I.L. is around with Buster I'll give him a pint of Toucan + Styrians and see what happens :icon_cheers: Hey, what was that comic strip that featured a character "Pisso the Alcoholic Dog" or is that way before everybody elses' time? :icon_drunk:

Edit: Maybe it will give him beer goggles and he'll hump her leg instead of mine :)

That's a bloody good question; what exactly are the poisonous (to dogs) compounds in hops? Are they soluble?

Regardless I think only the very biggest of dogs could handle more than a couple double IPAs.

Regardless I think only the very biggest of dogs could handle more than a couple double IPAs.

Mate you haven't met Buster

buster_the_dog.jpg

Hey, what was that comic strip that featured a character "Pisso the Alcoholic Dog" or is that way before everybody elses' time? :icon_drunk:

:lol: Its funny what they used to get away with, these days thats just way to PC <_<

You should see bindi's dog drink, spill a little beer and he's cleaned it up !

Batz

My old mate, used to follow me to the shed and stand at the keg fridge, he knew there would be a little saucer of beer for him. He died of cancer, not from his little afternoon tipple.

Screwy

I had a very happy Jack Russell a few weeks ago. I put down some earwig traps with some old stout I didnt like anymore with some barby fat in the mix in old marg containers.
Later that night I went out with torch to see how the traps were working and they had all been drained/licked clean. :huh:

Been hiding the traps under foliage etc since and keeping pooch inside. :)

Dogs are very tough animals.

I've know greyhounds to be served up all sorts of concoctions, some worked but most didn't. The point is, the dogs lived.

I doubt a bit a hoppy beer would hurt them.

This one eyed pit bull drank the entire keg of murray's icon behind it and exhibited no ill effects except for a sudden urge to visit port stephens.
Tas09_037.jpg
Please note ancient keg behind ancient dog is not from murray's brewery but was found on the property when dog moved in.

This one eyed pit bull drank the entire keg of murray's icon behind it and exhibited no ill effects except for a sudden urge to visit port stephens.
View attachment 32803
Please note ancient keg behind ancient dog is not from murray's brewery but was found on the property when dog moved in.

Sorry, I lost this very question at the Taphouse (thaks Guy, you were wrong too!), they specifically are at Bobs Farm not Port Stephens ... do not discuss ....

Back