Ideas for leftovers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrell

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a left over can of Coopers light LME, amarillo finishing hops, carapils and saf05 yeast. I only have access to a BIG W near me at the moment and hoping to put a bew down tonight. Any ideas? I am looking at something along the lines of a classic Aussie bitter / premium lager etc. To be honest I dont like overly hoppy beer. Something along the lines of a James Squire golden ale or a Monteiths golden lager would also be nice. The BIG W will only store coppers original/international and also some tooheys i think (which no one seems to recommend!!)

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

squirrell said:
Hi,

I have a left over can of Coopers light LME, amarillo finishing hops, carapils and saf05 yeast. I only have access to a BIG W near me at the moment and hoping to put a bew down tonight. Any ideas? I am looking at something along the lines of a classic Aussie bitter / premium lager etc. To be honest I dont like overly hoppy beer. Something along the lines of a James Squire golden ale or a Monteiths golden lager would also be nice. The BIG W will only store coppers original/international and also some tooheys i think (which no one seems to recommend!!)

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Hi squirell,

I'd be inclined to grab a can of Coopers Canadian Blonde. Steep the carapils for half an hour, boil the resulting liquid for 20-30 min, throw the Amarillo in with about 5 min to go, then mix it together with the Blonde and the LME. Will be a very light coloured beer but should be something a bit like JSGA.

Cheers,

Back