I Want In On The Case Swap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrumpy

Reaction score
hey.

Im sitting here reading all your feedback and critisism on each others brews, and id love to get involved! Im curious to know how my own brews stack up against other more experience brewers beers. And just to sample what other homebrewers are doing, my circle of acquaintenances just dont get the whole "quality beer thing" all the feed back i get is "its nice" or its good" then there is the "thats not for me" <_<

so whats the go and how does the whole case swap thing work? Ive only been on the forum for the last couple of months.

keep yout eyes open for the XMAS case swap in december. That will be the clincher! All you gotta do is brew up around 2 doz 750ml bottles of your finest and swap them. Oh you also have to submit your liver to an evening a punishment at the hands of the rest fo us. Not to mention your stomach with all the food.

keep yout eyes open for the XMAS case swap in december. That will be the clincher! All you gotta do is brew up around 2 doz 750ml bottles of your finest and swap them. Oh you also have to submit your liver to an evening a punishment at the hands of the rest fo us. Not to mention your stomach with all the food.

cheers 4star!

im in melbs, so is there a dec meeting for every state or is it all does via post and online?

per state usually.

Posting 26 bottles would cost you more in postage than making the beer!

Fly up to QLD Scrumpy!

This year's swap is set to be the biggest bash in Aus! Linkage HERE!

Last year's is a good read too (all 66 pages!).... Enjoy!

Cheers!

as fourstar said scrumpy keep your eyes out late october early november for a posting of the swap to go up , then brew away and get your beers to the swap location or better still turn up yourself for the party !

aloway good to meet and chat with fellow brewers and compare notes on beers

A word of warning though, last case swap was over-subscribed in just over a day...gotta be quick!

very true indeed , but there were a few pull outs so always a possibilty of a late start so always good to have a bottled beer ready to go

If you can't swap, you can always attend the swap day and get "live" feedback on beers you bring with you...at least for the first few hours.

Im sitting here reading all your feedback and critisism on each others brews, and id love to get involved! Im curious to know how my own brews stack up against other more experience brewers beers. And just to sample what other homebrewers are doing, my circle of acquaintenances just dont get the whole "quality beer thing" all the feed back i get is "its nice" or its good" then there is the "thats not for me" <_<
You may also like to consider joining a HB club (or at least visiting a meeting), lots of chance to to do all that you have mentioned, on a regular basis (usually monthly I think) rather than once or twice a year.
I think there are 4 or 5 HB clubs in Melb, just depends on where you live.
A word of warning though, last case swap was over-subscribed in just over a day...gotta be quick!
I notice that Brisbane already have theirs 1/2 organised, maybe someone down here should do the same? :p
No excuses that way. ;)

maybe the queenslanders need that long to get something happenin for xmas
the vic system seems to work pretty well going on the last 3 swap parties ive been too

QLD is Case Swap and Frivolous Post central :ph34r:

:p

Cheers

Back