I Think I Went Crazy On The Kettle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

absinthe

Reaction score
well i got my new kettle today.. and drilled holes in it :eek:

now time for some large batches of beer :)

(it has passed quality control by "snots" the brew cat)

DSCF1470.jpg

DSCF1469.jpg

DSCF1468.jpg

That cat won't cook itself. Put some water in, get the lid on and get it on the burner.

hmm.. might need to add an occy strap across the lid or at least a couple of bricks or it'll push it's way out....

Just kidding... :icon_cheers:

That cat won't cook itself. Put some water in, get the lid on and get it on the burner.

ahh dont forget the garlic and chilli. :ph34r:

How big is ya MT
SAV :icon_cheers:

Only pot a cat should be put in is a Crab pot :p

Oh and I will hopefully be picking up my first Pot tomorrow 50L alum

Unusual pickup tube design!!!

Screwy

I was interested in that one too Screwy. With my 100L kettle I went for the return back to the edge( on the advice of a couple of brewers) so I can get all the wort I can.

Cheers

hmm.. might need to add an occy strap across the lid or at least a couple of bricks or it'll push it's way out....

You will need 2 x occy straps. One for the lid and one to put in the water with the cat.

Boil them both for 1hr, throw away the water and the cat and eat the occy strap.

:icon_drool2:

cheers

Thought you'd use the occy strap to strangle the cat, for that true english flavour ;)

come on nuh with the kitty bashing :p
save that for the bed room lol

the pick up is just a test rig to see how it goes, got some pics of your pick up tubes?

Thought you'd use the occy strap to strangle the cat, for that true english flavour ;)

No.... you use EKG and fuggles for that :)

By the way...... love the kettle! I really REALLY want one like it.

You may have problems with that pickup blocking, depending on how close it is to the base. I would recomend getting a false bottom and running the pickup through it like a mash tun..... they work really well and if you drain slow will hold up 90% of hop pellets.

cheers

Hop_pellets_in_kettle__824_x_549_.jpg

Funny cat jokes eh, but my brewery cat is great at catching mices that are trying to eat holes in my grain bags.
Plus I am a Geelong supporter
Go Cats

My mate perched above the fridge in shed
indy.jpg

BTW, great kettle

No.... you use EKG and fuggles for that :)

By the way...... love the kettle! I really REALLY want one like it.

You may have problems with that pickup blocking, depending on how close it is to the base. I would recomend getting a false bottom and running the pickup through it like a mash tun..... they work really well and if you drain slow will hold up 90% of hop pellets.

cheers

i got it from allquip , the pickup tube is easy to change, the hops will be in a bag, so they shouldnt be a problem anyway, i put it to the side so i could whirlpool better and leave some trub behind..

120L ?

Scored mine from ebay when allquip were listing for $175.. value+ IMO.

Also, I would be using HEAPS of coriander with Cat.. trust me ;)
140L,

lemon thyme and seeded mustard.. i hear it taste close to rabbit

Latest posts

Back