I Love My Shed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arsenewenger

Reaction score
For the first few years of my brewing I had to use the kitchen for boiling the landry for cleaning and bottling and when i went to AG it was backyard brewing with bits and pieces all over the shop then back to the laundry for fermenting and bottling.

Not so long ago the school i work at was pulling down a shed (6x4) and said i could have it so i snapped it up and have got it up at home . This weekend I have got power so now its alive instead of the extension cord over the back lawn . It has my brew rig set up in there with chairs and tables three fridges. but the best bit of all is the fact that i can leave things set up in there like some bottles that are being cleaned or whatever else without having to put it away before the kids wake up .

I could be out there all day i love it so just me the beer and ABC news radio .......AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH does it get any better.foxtel perhaps

AW

I could not live without a shed. I have 2 sheds and want to build a third. Although, a couch would really finish off my brew shed.

For the first few years of my brewing I had to use the kitchen for boiling the landry for cleaning and bottling and when i went to AG it was backyard brewing with bits and pieces all over the shop then back to the laundry for fermenting and bottling.

Not so long ago the school i worked at was pulling down a shed (6x4) and said i could have it so i snapped it up and have got it up at home . This weekend I have got power so now its alive instead of the extension cord over the back lawn . It has my brew rig set up in there with chairs and tables three fridges. but the best bit of all is the fact that i can leave things set up in there like some bottles that are being cleaned or whatever else without having to put it away before the kids wake up .

I could be out there all day i love it so just me the beer and ABC news radio .......AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH does it get any better.foxtel perhaps

AW

Well lets see .. first off install some insulation, then the aircon and finally a nice Plasma.
Oh wait, and a good lock so that SWMBO can't interrupt you.
Then send me an invite :D

Seriously though, some insulation might be good - I have a steel garage that I use and even in Melbourne the temp
got over 50C in there last summer.

I now have some old fibreglass batts on the walls behind ply and much of the roof is translucent plastic for light.
Cost me nothing as the batts came out of the house (pulled out and replaced with better aluminium insulation)
and the ply is collected bits of old shipping boxes being thrown out by a factory near my work.
Should be much nicer in there next summer.

Good idea I will have to be on the look out for some insulation although you have just reminded me that I have an evap aircon unit down the side of the house that could go on the roof , now you really got me thinking

AW

Good to have the mancave.
Mine has a white roof and light cream colored walls, the walls get hotter than the roof. Slowly insulating the walls, I have the insulation and just slowly acquire the ply, chipboard, MDF sheets when I can. More often than not the inside of the shed is cooler than outside.

Gavo.

Having a shed certainly does rock!

Getting close to my first shed AG brew too...

A Man must have a shed i have 6 x9 and now im building another garden shed to the crap out a 4 x 3 babay one

A mans shed is his retreat. A place where few women rarely venture as they perceive a mans shed as a messy, disorderly, place containing objects that they have absolutely no interest in. However if any appliance breaks down in the house it will as sure as hell end up in your shed. A shed is a place where a man can make his brew and sit over a few ales and dream of new projects that need to be done in some distant future. It is also a place of work to get done things of a more pressing nature and a place to entertain his mates where they don't have to take their boots off before they walk through the door.
In essence a shed is a mandatory domain for any man on the go and a place he can truly call his own.

;)

man is nothing without a shed...

mine's getting one of those big f@#$ off industrial blow your dog off heat fans B)

Yard

love mine, its a garage that has never seen a car! Best bit is that I get to it via a door off the living room!

I think I need a second one though. Sawdust from woodwork and brewing don't really go together...

I live in a second story apartment but grew up in the bush... I absolutely hate that I can't just hose something or leave it as a work in progress. I have serious shed envy.

I live in a second story apartment but grew up in the bush... I absolutely hate that I can't just hose something or leave it as a work in progress. I have serious shed envy.

Shed envy +1

Shed

shed_2.jpg

beer making area in the shed
new sink and counter top....

sink08.jpg

sink12.jpg

:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: Budwiser i have shed envy now very very nice

My new shed is not quite as elaborate as some of the ones posted here.

Brewed my 2nd AG on Friday, and built this on Saturday, just need to hook up some wiring. This is become the new brewery. All good.

IMG_00202.jpg

Cheers,
Jase

Back