I Just Sealed The Fermenter On My First Ag.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanzie

Reaction score
I've made 14 kit beers and tonight I made my first ag tonight. I did a BIAB in a 70l electric Ali pot and the recipe was Ross's Schwartzbier with ale yeast. Just like the guide says. It was awsome!! Im hooked, 4 months of planing, scrounging and collecting come together good. It all went to plan and it will be the virgin beer in my Corny keg system too. It come out 23 @ 1044 so just about a standard beer I guess.

I have to get a chiller though. I put 5L of iceblocks in the pot and it's in the fermenter in the fridge now @ 50c.

Here is some pics
IMGP1267.jpgIMGP1267.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP1260.jpg
    IMGP1260.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 45
I've made 14 kit beers and tonight I made my first ag tonight. I did a BIAB in a 70l electric Ali pot and the recipe was Ross's Schwartzbier with ale yeast. Just like the guide says. It was awsome!! Im hooked, 4 months of planing, scrounging and collecting come together good. It all went to plan and it will be the virgin beer in my Corny keg system too. It come out 23 @ 1044 so just about a standard beer I guess.

I have to get a chiller though. I put 5L of iceblocks in the pot and it's in the fermenter in the fridge now @ 50c.

Here is some pics
View attachment 19613View attachment 19613
Cool!
I love the look of your boiler, where did you get that from?

Ive only done one AG so far and that was on borrowed equipment.
Im still scrounging for bits.. until then Im working with extract and specialty grains.

Have you considered the Cube option rather than a chiller?
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=23742

Latest posts

Back