I Chilled It Too Early (under Carbonated)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prawned

Reaction score
Well my latest batch should of been ready by friday a few weeks ago, so i put some in the fridge two weeks ago and finally got around to testing it out, the first few bottles were really flat so its just been sitting there for two weeks doing nothing, then i put a few more bottles in the fridge last night, and they were carbonated perfectly.. will i be able to take the ones i put in the fridge ages ago out and let them sit at room temp to carbonate? or will all my yeasty buddies be dead by now?

Take them out and put them where your other bottles were - I reckon that should fix them.

I'm under the impression the yeast only goes dormant when chilled - unless frozen perhaps.

if you take them out and leave them at room temp they should re-carbonate. however there could be many reasons for the lack of carbonation including those bottles such as:

1. Inadequate sealing of those bottles
2. inadequate priming of those bottles
3. yeast settling to the bottom. sometimes they need a roll every so often to get the yeast back in to suspension
4. You didnt wash your bottles properly and there is fat or detergent residue causing lack of carbonation and head retention.

Did they recarbonate when u took them out of the fridge?

Latest posts

Back