How's This For Storing Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfella

Reaction score
Have a look at this product. Just after I received my 2 kg of fresh hops I saw this on the TV.
I haven't checked out the price yet or what size the bags come in but I think it could be a bit of a winner and who knows it might even get used in the kitchen!!!! at least I will tell the misses that so I can get one...

http://www.sunbeam.com.au/products/product...d=522&sec_id=88

I just found an online catalogue for Kmart there not cheap $159 and that was with $20 bucks off

Good idea BF

Kmart often have specials on electricals goods

Pumpy

I know Target have them.
I cannot fully remember the price though.
I think they were over $150.

cheers
johnno

I use one of these for my hops. About to split 1kg of B Saaz and 500g of cascades into bags.

The bags are a bit pricey, but you can reuse them. Tried two other cheaper ones before i bought the sunbeam, the cheapies didn't remove all the air, and wouldn't seal oxygen barier bags properly.

The canister that comes with it is good for storing pellet hops - will take 500g no worries

What do you use Ross?
Some sort of industrial super sucker I guess?

Batz

I've recently been thinking about this. The hop varieties that are staples for me (Amarillo, cascade, saaz, EKG) I may buy in 1kg lots and re-package in 200g lots. There are some good savings to be had from buying 1kg lots (as much as half price in some cases). I will still buy 100g lots of the more obscure varieties and bittering hops. If you bought 4kg of hops and re-packaged them, the vacuum sealer would have pretty much paid for itself. You could get a few mates together and make it really worthwhile.

OK
So someone needs to do a Queensland bulk buy on these things :D

And it's not me !

Batz

Darren said:
could you use a vaccuum cleaner?
[post="128030"][/post]​
Only if you spilt the on the carpet :p

Shunty said:
I use one of these for my hops. About to split 1kg of B Saaz and 500g of cascades into bags.

The bags are a bit pricey, but you can reuse them. Tried two other cheaper ones before i bought the sunbeam, the cheapies didn't remove all the air, and wouldn't seal oxygen barier bags properly.

I have the vac 420 which is slightly smaller and it works great, the bigger one would have been nice but when its a gift you can't really complain too much :D

Hi
We sell the vacuum sealers on ebay. Can sell $ 110.00 including registered postage Australia wide. Comes with 35 quality vacuum bags. Extra vacuum bags 20cm x 20cm X 100 $20.00.
Please email if interested

Regards Martin

[email protected]

Big W in Melb currently have the Sunbeam on special for $178 if anyone is interested.

cheers
johnno

Hi
We sell the vacuum sealers on ebay. Can sell $ 110.00 including registered postage Australia wide. Comes with 35 quality vacuum bags. Extra vacuum bags 20cm x 20cm X 100 $20.00.

Regards Martin

[email protected]

Did anyone buy one of these?
I am thinking it maybe a good option

Batz

Hi

Regards Martin

[email protected]

Batz

I'll take that as a no then <_<

Batz

I was thinking about it, but like you was waiting to see if anyone else had... *sigh*

Batz, I have a "foodsaver" made by Talia International which seems to work fine so far.
Ross has the big one seen earlier (or similar) I will go in and tell him to come on line and tell you about it, she's a beauty.
I'm parked in front of his house for a few days.

cheers nm

Hi

Regards Martin

[email protected]

Batz

Ok I bought one !
It arrived today,I am very happy with it and as you can seeit works well
$120.00 delivered anywhere in Oz.

Batz

Back