How To Mark A Stainless Paddle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sah

Reaction score
Hello brewers,

I've got myself a commercial stainless paddle which I'm going to use both in my mash and kettle.

I want to mark it so I can tell the volume of liquor I've got in the kettle.

What is the best way to permanently mark the the handle of these paddles?

thanks,
Scott

Hello brewers,

I've got myself a commercial stainless paddle which I'm going to use both in my mash and kettle.

I want to mark it so I can tell the volume of liquor I've got in the kettle.

What is the best way to permanently mark the the handle of these paddles?

thanks,
Scott

You could get yoru hands on an engrver with a diamond tip, that would do the job nicely me thinks. Or easlier you could get yourself a waterproof texter.

Goodluck

Aaron

Dot punch? One dot for 10L or what ever you need.

a sharp nail and put a line scratch/notch every 5-10 litres in the handle

a sharp nail and put a line scratch/notch every 5-10 litres in the handle

No ! Everywhere you touch stainless with mild steel it'll scar it and rust there unless you buff it out.
The Diamond tip engraver sounds like the go, as long as it hasn't been used on mild steel.

how about a 1mm and 2mm (size depends on how thick your paddle is and your eyesight I guess) titanium tipped drill bits? Would certainly save having to go out and buy an engraver/dremel, whilst a dremel is great I'd figure more people would have access to a power drill, or failing that a ratchet drill or pin vice if you're really strapped.

Waterproof texta is probably the go, you may have to re-mark it from time to time but better than rust!

Latest posts

Back